1986 Mooney 252 w/Encore Mods N97NM

William_Flood

1986 Mooney 252 w/Encore Mods

SN 251047

Price $210,000

N97NM will instantly stand out to the enthusiast, for the Encore specification which was embodied at the Eagle Aircraft in Feb 2007, which removed the 210hp TSIO-360-MB2B and fitted instead a 220hp TSIO-360-SB1B. The propeller governor was also changed, and this coupled with many other mods allowed compatibility with the Encore specification and it’s 3130lbs MTOW.

The AS&T TKS de-ice system was installed by Mooney in March 2007 along with wing-mounted landing and taxi lighting. The paint and interior remain original but the aircraft is no less capable for that. The 1986 airframe has 4302hrs TTAF, and the engine has 79hrs SMOH in June 2017. The FAA IFR checks are in date, and the avionics are a GMA-340 Audio panel, King KI-525A HSI, GDC31 GPSS Computer, Garmin GDL69 Datalink, Garmin GMX200, Garmin GNS 480, Shadin ADC200 Fuel Computer, King KFC 150 Autopilot, Garmin GNC 255a Com, King KR-87 ADF, King KN-64 DME and GTX33 remote Transponder. The aircraft is fitted with a colour insight G3 engine monitor, WX900 Stormscope, EI digital RPM, EI digital TIT, Guardian 452 CO2 detector and ELT. Sharp eyes will notice the Speed Brakes, Oxygen System and the TKS/Hot Prop combination. The BEW is 2175lbs and useful load is 955lbs.

The aeroplane will be in for its annual if you wish to see it panels off we can arrange that. After the annual, we have an experienced pilot available to demonstrate this enormously capable Mooney to make sure it meets your expectations. We have a great ferry company with lots of on-type experience capable of delivering the aeroplane anywhere in the world. Digital copies of all the aircraft records will be available to interested parties, and we welcome any questions you have. The current owner, who has owned it since 2013, has well-documented trips all over the world in N97NM and we hope to find someone else who can explore the potential of this cult aeroplane.

Contact: William Flood +353 872218706 by WhatsApp/iMessage preferred 

SWP_0588.jpg

SWP_0594.jpg

SWP_0602.jpg

SWP_0621.jpg

SWP_0626.jpg

SWP_0631.jpg

SWP_0665.jpg

SWP_0668.jpg

SWP_0701.jpg

SWP_0592.jpg

• 3 months later...
There has got to be registration and import paper work like a car no? 

Before I bought my 201 in 17’ I was looking at another in Canada. My understanding talking to a few brokers and one owner that bought a Canadian registered plane it takes about $10k extra after all the paperwork, inspections, maybe taxes was included and can’t remember what else.

Now that I’m looking for a bravo, as desperate as I’m getting I would spend the extra if I found what I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, xcrmckenna said:

Before I bought my 201 in 17’ I was looking at another in Canada. My understanding talking to a few brokers and one owner that bought a Canadian registered plane it takes about $10k extra after all the paperwork, inspections, maybe taxes was included and can’t remember what else.

Now that I’m looking for a bravo, as desperate as I’m getting I would spend the extra if I found what I wanted.

Yes, that is about right. I imported a plane in 2022 from Canada to the US. PM me if you need any help. I sold that plane in September, I'm in the market for a Bravo as well LOL!

• Like 1

Yes, that is about right. I imported a plane in 2022 from Canada to the US. PM me if you need any help. I sold that plane in September, I'm in the market for a Bravo as well LOL!

Hopefully it will make for a good forever plane:) What are you looking for in a Bravo? I’m based in the PNW so FIKI is at the top of my must have list.

I have imported a call lane from Canada 3 years ago(in the middle of COVID) that was a previous registered in the USA w a N number, it cost me about $200 extra….

I can see it costing a lot more if it never had a N numbers. If it previously had a N number it wouldn’t be a big deal.

this plane has a N number right now, shouldn’t be much of a issue to bring it “home”

3 hours ago, xcrmckenna said:

Hopefully it will make for a good forever plane:) What are you looking for in a Bravo? I’m based in the PNW so FIKI is at the top of my must have list.

Yes, I’m in Las Vegas. My mission is xc . We have kids in Eugene, OR, Denver, Houston.. FIKI also on my list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rmfriday said:

I have imported a call lane from Canada 3 years ago(in the middle of COVID) that was a previous registered in the USA w a N number, it cost me about $200 extra….

I can see it costing a lot more if it never had a N numbers. If it previously had a N number it wouldn’t be a big deal.

this plane has a N number right now, shouldn’t be much of a issue to bring it “home”

Just remember it will need an annual no more than 90 days prior to the date of export. In my case, I ended up having to another annual on the plane I was buying in Canada as the annual was just a hair over 90 days old. If you get a Canadian Cert of Airworthiness for Export, getting a US CofA is more of a formality. DAR will still cost a fair amount tho. I think I was all in a little less than 10k including ferry pilot, annual/prebuy and FAA DAR inspection.

15 hours ago, NickG said:

Just remember it will need an annual no more than 90 days prior to the date of export. In my case, I ended up having to another annual on the plane I was buying in Canada as the annual was just a hair over 90 days old. If you get a Canadian Cert of Airworthiness for Export, getting a US CofA is more of a formality. DAR will still cost a fair amount tho. I think I was all in a little less than 10k including ferry pilot, annual/prebuy and FAA DAR inspection.

I looked at bringing one over from Europe (not N-reg).  The DAR wanted a cool $1,000 for his signature.  Made it clear he wasn't planning on getting his hands dirty.

48 minutes ago, Fly Boomer said:

I looked at bringing one over from Europe (not N-reg).  The DAR wanted a cool $1,000 for his signature.  Made it clear he wasn't planning on getting his hands dirty.

I like collecting licenses. Maybe I should look into getting a DAR.

28 minutes ago, Fly Boomer said:

There aren't many jobs that pay $12,000 per hour.  Trouble is you only work 5 minutes at a time, and not every day.

Sounds like the perfect retirement job. 

I just skimmed through 8100.8 and the DAR isn’t allowed to get his hands dirty by regulation.

• Haha 1