GA AIRPORT NEAR KMSP ?

5 hours ago, midlifeflyer said:

Silly question. Why not KMSP since that's where they have to go?

Might consider that.  Figured the hotels would be cheaper further out and departing to the West would be easier.  I've been to several major airports but I just assumed MSP would be a really really busy one.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCarlton said:

Might consider that.  Figured the hotels would be cheaper further out and departing to the West would be easier.  I've been to several major airports but I just assumed MSP would be a really really busy one.  

One of the things I've discovered is that most auxiliary service - hotels, car rentals, etc, are less expensive at a major airport. Some FBOs even have special discounts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is a landing fee at KMSP. Don’t know what it is presently, haven’t been there for awhile. There may be one at STP also. I have landed there multiple times but always as an Angel Flight, I just have it in the back of my mind that they waive the fee for us. Better check. To my knowledge there is no landing fee at KFCM (my home base), but it could be by FBO so again, better check. Mine is Thunderbird. No fee that I know of at Crystal, Airlake, Fleming, Anoka.

• Like 2

On 9/16/2023 at 11:54 AM, jlunseth said:

There is a landing fee at KMSP. Don’t know what it is presently, haven’t been there for awhile. There may be one at STP also. I have landed there multiple times but always as an Angel Flight, I just have it in the back of my mind that they waive the fee for us. Better check. To my knowledge there is no landing fee at KFCM (my home base), but it could be by FBO so again, better check. Mine is Thunderbird. No fee that I know of at Crystal, Airlake, Fleming, Anoka.

I think his bird is down for the count for now. He has a spinner bulkhead give way last week. I'm over at 21D Lake Elmo and we don't have landing fees either. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2023 at 9:22 PM, BloodRedSkies said:

I think his bird is down for the count for now. He has a spinner bulkhead give way last week. I'm over at 21D Lake Elmo and we don't have landing fees either. 

Yep.  Plane is being repaired in AZ at P08.  Took about two weeks to get parts from McCauley.  Working to reschedule in 2024 with Weep No More.  Bummed I missed the appointment.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/1/2023 at 12:04 PM, DCarlton said:

I certainly am not interested in mixing it up with the big boys. I would also be looking for a GA friendly airport. The more an airport looks like the TV show, Green Acres, the better I like it!:D