Does anyone have an ITT LA11C2114 landing gear motor I can buy?

faridaamar

After already having a complete overhaul, my landing gear motor is still having problems. The only answer now is a total replacement and it is not possible to find these new so I am searching for used ones in better condition than what I currently have. If anyone has these parts I could buy or knows someone who does or if you have any ideas/suggestions on where to look, please let me know! Thank you. 

24 minutes ago, faridaamar said:

Spoke to Don Maxwell and he said a Dukes 1496 or a Dukes 1057 motor would also work. 

+1 to check with Aeromotors before going too far.   Or were they the ones that rebuilt it before?    http://aeromotorsllc.com/

Did you mention to Maxwells what the behavior was?   I'm sure I've heard of that before but can't recall what the solution was.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2023 at 4:26 PM, EricJ said:

+1 to check with Aeromotors before going too far.   Or were they the ones that rebuilt it before?    http://aeromotorsllc.com/

Did you mention to Maxwells what the behavior was?   I'm sure I've heard of that before but can't recall what the solution was.

I asked Aeromotors and they cant help and don’t have the parts. My last overhaul was March 2021 with LASAR. I did speak with Don Maxwell, he also does not have the parts and suggested asking LASAR. I am already waiting to hear from LASAR who said they currently do not have the parts but are trying to find them for me. 

12 minutes ago, N201MKTurbo said:

What’s wrong with the motor?

basically Eaton made a bad batch of back springs and one of them was installed in my motor as part of an overhaul by LASAR in 2021. now the spring keeps the motor from unwinding and releasing the tension on the gear when it overruns. the only solution now is a new spring which is literally impossible to find or a whole new motor. 

17 minutes ago, faridaamar said:

I asked Aeromotors and they cant help and don’t have the parts. My last overhaul was March 2021 with LASAR. I did speak with Don Maxwell, he also does not have the parts and suggested asking LASAR. I am already waiting to hear from LASAR who said they currently do not have the parts but are trying to find them for me. 

Interesting that it only lasted a couple years? What’s wrong with the motor? Is something wrong with the gear causing this problem? Usually the motors last a very long time…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, faridaamar said:

basically Eaton made a bad batch of back springs and one of them was installed in my motor as part of an overhaul by LASAR in 2021. now the spring keeps the motor from unwinding and releasing the tension on the gear when it overruns. the only solution now is a new spring which is literally impossible to find or a whole new motor. 

Ahhhh, that explains it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, N201MKTurbo said:

I thought all M20Fs had Dukes actuators. How did you end up with an Eaton?

Nope My December of 74   1975 model has an ITT

@faridaamar  Last time I looked into this, It seems that ITT was also used in the Cessna 172 or jets around the same time for a flap motor.   I confirmed this recently in a picture where they are selling a Cessna Flap motor.    I did not check serial/model numbers but did see an ITT sticker.   Might try searching for "Cessna flap Actuators".     That said there is not really a  back spring in mine, but a brake.  The brake is to hold the motor from chattering down.   The brake is powered off by the 4 terminal on the Ford Tractor Solenoid.   The Brake contacts come undone from the terminal board.   The way to fix them is to drill out and put a small machine screw to hold it back to the board.   Any motor shop should be able to do this or just get handy with the Dremel tool.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, faridaamar said:

i have a ITT LA11C2114 motor. Eaton made the back spring part inside the ITT LA11C2114 motor. 

Something is not right here. The ITT actuator is a copy of the Dukes. It has a worm and wheel gear drive. Only the later Plessey and Eaton actuators have no-back springs. Probably the gear set is bad and you need a new 40:1 gear set. I think these parts are hard to find as well, but you need to make sure you are looking for the right parts.

https://www.donmaxwell.com/ad-75-23-04-sb-m20-190

Skip

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PT20J said:

Something is not right here. The ITT actuator is a copy of the Dukes. It has a worm and wheel gear drive. Only the later Plessey and Eaton actuators have no-back springs. Probably the gear set is bad and you need a new 40:1 gear set. I think these parts are hard to find as well, but you need to make sure you are looking for the right parts.

https://www.donmaxwell.com/ad-75-23-04-sb-m20-190

Skip

This makes more sense.  You might have options too if it’s just the gears you’re looking for.  New ones might not be available, but there should be some in a salvage bird that are airworthy.  Might take some looking.  There are two different types that could work.  The newer ones are 40:1 and desired.