Cowl Flaps cable

brad

On 8/19/2022 at 2:42 PM, brad said:

Cable on my 75 M20F broke.  My IA, Rich at MEV had MacFarlane make me a new one with the push button lock.   Cost was $285.  Works great!!

cable.jpg

So, does this button lock allow you to essentially lock the cowl flaps in any position or just open/closed?  

Having “any position” capabilities would be immensely helpful for the M20K 231.  

Has anyone done this on a K model? Is the length going to be the same? Is it going to fit in the same hole/position?  What happens to the "over center" mechanism? Is there a part number? I think any K model owner shoud be interested.

3 hours ago, DonMuncy said:

Has anyone done this on a K model? Is the length going to be the same? Is it going to fit in the same hole/position?  What happens to the "over center" mechanism? Is there a part number? I think any K model owner shoud be interested.

Don, I completely agree as there are some flights I go from trail to closed a few times and while petty, it’s annoying.

@brad, any chance you can share details on this regarding part number, etc. 

if not, I go in for annual next month and my A&P IA is super resourceful so I can give him the picture and story to see what he can find.