Feedback On Panel Design/Layout

GeneralT001

30 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

More food for thought:

Thanks for that. I look forward to having a complete new panel...feels like its ages away....more time to try and save up some money :)

I did notice that there was no annunciator panel in that F model...wondering if I can get rid of mine in the J with the new panel?

23 minutes ago, GeneralT001 said:

Thanks for that. I look forward to having a complete new panel...feels like its ages away....more time to try and save up some money :)

I did notice that there was no annunciator panel in that F model...wondering if I can get rid of mine in the J with the new panel?

You won't be able to get rid of the annunciator, per se, but you CAN relocate it where structurally-permissible to make more room in the radio stack.

Removal entirely is based on your installer.  A field approval is likely not to go through, but your installer can, as @ArtVandelay noted, make it a minor mod.

Just now, GeneralT001 said:

Is it possible to get rid of the cautions and warnings that are not used anymore...such as vacuum?

Yes.  You would either...

• Leave the physical annunciator panel overlay as-is, and simply remove the bulb(s) that no longer are providing any function, or:
  • Fill all annunciator light bulb sockets with a working bulb, and create a new overlay with only the annunciations applicable to your aircraft's new equipment and configuration.

I've done the latter option for a couple of people here (not including my own annunciator panel - visible in the earlier panel pic).  It allows you to see every light in the annunciator panel...whether it serves a purpose, or whether it has a "hyphen" line through it - indicating no functionality, but reserved for future use.  This option also provides for a much cleaner panel appearance.

Just now, ArtVandelay said:

Yes, noticed no annunciator.

Wasn't sure if the panel might have been in a different area that I couldn't see. I'll reach out to my avionics guy and see what he thinks. Aside from the gear mod...is there any others related to the annunciator that I should be thinking of?