Cross Country Tasks

211º

Before hopping in the plane, I usually download a few Spotify-curated playlists enough to last me the flight. A typical flight for me lasts anywhere between 1 hour and 8 hours (gotta love those Monroy tanks) so sometimes this means A LOT of music to download.

Things to do:

• Read the POH. Quiz yourself on the V-speeds and various limitations of the airplane.
  • Read the AFM supplements. Discover the mind-boggling features your backup vacuum pump system affords you!!!
  • Listen to those Damn Youth™ meow on guard.
  • Find out how disagreeable your two Nav receivers are during an airborne VOR check.
  • Did you remember to turn off the bathroom lights on your way out from home?
  • Boot up your Garmin GPS into configuration mode and start messing with the settings. (Okay, please don't)
  • Reach into the depths of the seat back pockets and pull out a candy wrapper from 1975.
  • Set your Comm #2 to destination ATIS/AWOS and use it as an alarm clock for your nap. The alarm rings when the frequency breaks the squelch. How convenient! B)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Minivation said:

Before hopping in the plane, I usually download a few Spotify-curated playlists enough to last me the flight. A typical flight for me lasts anywhere between 1 hour and 8 hours (gotta love those Monroy tanks) so sometimes this means A LOT of music to download.

Things to do:

Set your Comm #2 to destination ATIS/AWOS and use it as an alarm clock for your nap. The alarm rings when the frequency breaks the squelch. How convenient! B)

Old freightdog trick right there.