How do you keep hangar doors clean of spiders?

I'm not the neatest guy here, but I try to keep my hangar from getting too embarrassing. One thing I can't get ahead of is spider webs on the doors. When I first got the hangar, I tried sprays but never found anything that worked well.  Any tips from you guys with the spic and span hangars?

Our pest control guy at home said that insecticide doesn't work on spiders. They need to eat other bugs that have been sprayed, it's the only way.

Install a bat box nearby? Open the door every day? Even installing and running a ceiling fan won't work . . . .

• Like 1

Just now, Hank said:

Our pest control guy at home said that insecticide doesn't work on spiders. They need to eat other bugs that have been sprayed, it's the only way.

Install a bat box nearby? Open the door every day? Even installing and running a ceiling fan won't work . . . .

Might need to have Shell take a broom to it everyday. I don't think that conversation would go over well, though. :lol:

9 minutes ago, rbridges said:

Might need to have Shell take a broom to it everyday. I don't think that conversation would go over well, though. :lol:

That's a job for the man of the house. At least that's what my wife says--she won't get near a spider.

• Haha 1

Don’t have any light on inside of the hangar at night, if you do, it attracts flying bugs, they in turn attract spiders that eat flying bugs.

When I had a T hangar my neighbor always left the light on, and we had unbelievable amounts of spiders.

Spider droppings are little black dots on your paint that are hard to get off.

Edited by A64Pilot
  • Like 1

A friend told me he use Bayer insect control (in a blue plastic bottle with a sprayer head) available a Home Depot.  Supposed to work for 6 months but after 3 or 4 months the spiders would come back.  First couple months after spraying, there would be nothing crawling.

On 7/2/2021 at 11:56 AM, Hank said:

That's a job for the man of the house. At least that's what my wife says--she won't get near a spider.

Having spent my first 11 years in Arizona (3rd generation born there) with black widow spiders, tarantulas and scorpions, I still have arachnopho:wacko:bia 

I’ve heard that normal insecticides don’t kill them, maybe because they aren’t insects?

Anyway if you Google Spider poison, several specific poisons for spiders show up, many sprays etc. This is a link to one I believe “professional” poison specifically for spiders and scorpions

https://www.domyown.com/onslaught-fastcap-spider-and-scorpion-insecticide-p-2579.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw24qHBhCnARIsAPbdtlJlNWeRtaX8xgj7lZuQkPr3I1BAgoHPHjJYKjmhIrSARP9UrzD9UCAaAnlKEALw_wcB

I’ve never used it so I can’t recommend

Edited by A64Pilot

Unless they are poisonous I leave them alone. I have tree flogs as well that hang out around my door, the flood light on the roof attracts the bugs…which attracts the spiders, frogs and lizards.
Surprisingly, Florida doesn’t have the bugs you might expect, lots of predators to go after the bugs.