P-47 Rides

Seth

Is anyone aware of any P-47's with a jumpseat or dual controls where you can get a ride? Does anyone know the private owner of a P-47 with a jump seat that may be open to the idea?

I have a colleague who's grandfather flew P-47's. He's been attempting to find one where he can surprise his father with a ride.

Planes of Fame in Chino used to have one that had a jumpseat and could give rides but this is no longer possible due to an FAA ruling with egress issues. Evidently there may be one in the eastern US that is a dual seat and gives rides or still has the FAA authority to do so.

Let me know what you know!

-Seth

Do you know if they give rides? I found their phone number though some websites that have business information and did leave a message.

Does anyone have any more information on Comanche Fighters LLC website? From what I can tell, they are pretty private. 

What airport do they base the fleet in Houston?

-Seth 

• 2 weeks later...

Nope. Got the number for the Comanche Fighters LLC but never got a call back.

Left two messages. Though the LLC is in Houston the aircraft are tracked to all over the US as per flight aware and the aircraft registered to the LLC.

Their P-47 was the one on display at Duxford believe or not for years before being crated up and shipped back to the US in 2013.

It is a dual seat P-47.

-Seth