Well after a 18 year hiatus from flying I'm baaack. All kids are out of college and ex paid off. Figured what little I could come up with after all that wasn't going to spend itself.

If memory serves flying is one of the quickest ways to depart with it.

I will be getting some financing and wondered a good route. I joined AOPA today and believe they have some resources. Close to a contract now.

Most of my previous ownership was  Skylane which was a good ship till we outgrew it with more kids. After a lot of research and not much need for cabin space it just 

seemed like a C or an E was a screaming value. Appreciate the forum already and just a great resource. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, John Peterson said:

Well after a 18 year hiatus from flying I'm baaack. All kids are out of college and ex paid off. Figured what little I could come up with after all that wasn't going to spend itself.

If memory serves flying is one of the quickest ways to depart with it.

Get a clean, well-maintained vintage Mooney. I'm partial to the C model, and unbiased eniugh to note that they typically don't run LOP very well. But a C is incredibly versatile (mine has Useful Load 970, Full Fuel Payload 670, or Fuel + Me Payload of 470 lb; cruises 145-148 KTAS on 9 gph block time, sometimes less at altitude).

Welcome aboard! Hope to meet you when things straighten out some. Where are you?

Welcome aboard JP!

You have come to the right place.

M20Cs are a great way to get your feet aired out...

M20Es are the next step towards building a great retirement plane...

There are no bad Mooney models...

My favorite way to compare Mooneys is to watch what is for sale at all American aircraft...

If anywhere near Texas... that is a place to go to sit in several different Mooneys...

Hold onto your wallet... it will want to jump out and write checks if you don’t control it... :)

I started with a C... and wanted to get a newer Mooney with FI...

Best regards,

-a-

I am just outside of Nashville. Been looking for about a month and very close on an E. Will post details as it gets finalized. Hangar space incredibly tight as John Tune suffered from a tornado earlier this year. Total loss aircraft being replaced with no where for them to go. 
Believe I have something worked out. 
If anyone is here will obviously love some resources. I think I have a CFI proficient in the type to get me safe. 

• Like 1

Good luck.  A Mooney will take good care of you.  Sounds like one of the short body Mooneys will fit the bill.  Mooney made lots. There is no greater bang for your buck in all of GA than a short body Mooney.  Got the fastest carrying the most for least expenditure.

• Like 1