Tail Mods

I would be interested in a reply also.  I did the rudder and elevator hinge covers and am happy with those.  Don't know what they go on there own, speedwise, but I got about 4 knots at 4500ft and 25 square combined with the alieron and flap gap seals.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having Ron Fisher do the mods.  He did a 201 windshield mod for one of the other guys on here and it came out really nice.  He is also putting in the oil cooler relocation, flap gap seals, and the wheel well liner.  I had him also replace the fairing where the exhaust exits the cowling as it was cracked.  I will probably do the tail mod in conjunction with my annual in November.  Any other mods that you recommend?  I was wanting the SWTA cowl mod but they no longer produce it.....its unfortunate because it was really nice.  I did however look at the ARI cowl but just cant find enough info on it so I have pretty much ruled that out.  If I were to see one in person and it looked good then maybe. 

I have the ARI closure, and can take some pictures for you when i get home in a couple days if you'd like. I think it is vastly better than the LASAR flat plate. Can't speak for performance, because it and a lot of other mods were there when I bought the plane. I think the big J spinner looks significanty better too.

My spinner and cowl don't meet up exactly, which could have just been sloppiness on the part of the cowl installer, or could have happened when the engine was overhauled (15 years or so after the cowl went on.) I am the only one that ever notices that, though.

The cowl closuere has been on since 1986. There is some minor stopped drilled cracking in two of the inlet corners, but otherwise it looks pretty good.

On a good day I can get 150-152 knots true at 25 squared in my C, but how much of that is the closure, I can't say.