My 1967 Mooney M20F Executive needs a new home

Seth

I have made a deal on a new aircraft and am selling my 1967 Mooney M20F Executive.  Here is the pertinent information:

Total time:  4220

Engine Time:  540 since factory overhaul

Prop Time:  536 since new

Usefule load:  1017 lbs

N9567M is a 1967 Mooney M20F Executive.  It’s airworthiness date is November 1966

The Serial number is 67-0144Engine:  Lycoming IO-360A1A

Prop:  Three blade Hartzel

The title is clear with no liens, as I own the aircraft outright. 

Interior – New 2008

Exterior – Okay but needs paint in my opinion – I’d rather underpromise and overdeliver

Additional equipment:

O&N Fuel Bladders (54 gallons, 50 useable)

Precise flight Manual Speed Brakes

Horizon Digital Tachometer (2011)

Fully functional Britain wing leveler (wing leveler system components overhauled in 2009)

Manual Gear

Hydraulic Flaps

Garmin 496 mounted to control column with WX satellite weather feed.

Exterior mounted antenna for 496 allows much better coverage

Cowl Enclosure

Rotated brake calipers

Additional speed mods

Avionics

King KX-155 with glideslope (2008)

King KI-209 Indicator with glideslope (Nav1)

King KNS-80 RNAV with glideslop and DME

Wilcox Indicator with glideslope (Nav2)

King KY-97 CommKing KR-86ADF with timer

Signtronics SP-400 4-Place Intercom

Garmin GNS-320A Transponder (2008)

BF Goodrich WX-950 Stormscope

Additional information:

Mooney Service Center maintained

Currently hangered at KGAI

New auxiliary fuel pump (2011)

Overhauled exhaust manifold (2011)

New concord sealed battery with cranking power (2010)

New nose tire (2010)

Replaced landing rubber biscuits (2009)

Overhauled oil temp indicator (2008)

Extensive and appropriate annuals in 2009, 2010, and 2011.

I’ve owned the aircraft since July 2008 and have put about 450 hours on her.  I attained my IFR in this plane (great stable platform) and have flown N9567M coast to coast – in the last 12 months just over 200 hours alone.  It’s a great plane, I’m just looking for something faster at this point.  I get an honest 148 knots in still air and with the ram air open, it increases by up to four or five knots (I don’t open the ram air unless it’s clear air and I’m at altitude).

The aircraft suffered a gear up prior to ownership, hence the new three blade prop.  It has flown 540 hours since repair and flies straight and true.  A few panels were replaced at that time as well as the right aileron.  I can send you pictures, as these surfaces were repained the base color of the aircraft but not the matching fading yellow - I think the prvious owner was going to paint the entire plane but decided to sell in the end instead. 

I will shortly be listing it on controller.com, but before I do so, I figured I would see if anyone here at Mooney Space would like to help find N9567M a new home. 

Asking $59,000

Feel free to send me a PM, email me at seth.meyers@gmail.com, or call me at my office, (301) 468-0100.

Once I take delivery of the new plane, I'll post infomation and pics.  It would be great if I can move my current plane quickly, and I am willing to make that happen for reasonable offers.

Take care,

-Seth

post-163-13468140459733_thumb.jpeg

post-163-13468140459993_thumb.jpeg

post-163-13468140460184_thumb.jpeg

post-163-13468140460461_thumb.jpeg

post-163-13468140460736_thumb.jpeg

Deposit recievd, deal pending. 

I admit, it is very bittersweet.  Not one of the two happiest days of a plane owner's life.  It's very exciting, and I'm happy a deal occured quickly with a friend of mine who I know will take care of the aircraft.  However, I'm very much attached to my first airplane.  It's kind of the same way about selling your first car as well.

The deal will very much assist with paying for the new aircraft, though this transaction will happen after the new purchase, so yes, I'll have a fleet for about two weeks.  Those will be some fun pictures.

• 1 month later...

Sold - It was a great final cross country flight down to Florida on Sunday.  Jim (the new owner) has a good airframe and a smooth running engine - he'll enjoy 67M.  It was hard helping him close the hanger door after a series of familiarization flights. 

I flew back from Tampa yesterday on Southwest - we landed at Baltimore at about 9:12 PM, and sat waiting for a gate to open . . . until 9:45.  It may have been a faster trip than my Mooney, but that extra half hour just sitting there made me laugh.  What can you do.

I'll post more about the new to me Missile once I get it to Maryland.

-Seth