Seat not locking in place. ideas?

I have some "new' seats (fully articulating) in my F. The pilot side works great except the copilots seat wont lock in place for some odd reason. The pins don't extend all the way down like the original seats. The "new" seat pin is shown in pic 1 the original seat is shown in pic 2 for comparison.

I took the pins out and the original seat pins are slightly longer but they will not fit in the newer seats unless modified.

Any ideas out there? I have thought of just fabricating slightly longer pins as they are just a steel rod....

New Seat:

seat1.png

Original Seat....

sesat2.jpg

Edited by Mooney_Mike

I'm gonna have to pull the left seat in my K and have a look. It's started to get difficult to latch as well. But I find by pushing on the bar and jostling it a bit, it will seat all the way down and latch. I'm sure there are just some worn parts there. 

29 minutes ago, Mooney_Mike said:

I have some "new' seats (fully articulating) in my F. The pilot side works great except the copilots seat wont lock in place for some odd reason. The pins don't extend all the way down like the original seats. The "new" seat pin is shown in pic 1 the original seat is shown in pic 2 for comparison.

I took the pins out and the original seat pins are slightly longer but they will not fit in the newer seats unless modified.

Any ideas out there? I have thought of just fabricating slightly longer pins as they are just a steel rod....

New Seat:

seat1.png

Original Seat....

sesat2.jpg

It looks like there are some adjustment set screws on the side of the new seat and a gap under the block the pin travels through. I would check to see if that block can be slide down further into the channel. It may not be a slider adjustment, but a separate hole.

Okay, I think I found the issue. The tube/bar you pull up on to disengage the seat lock pins (to move the seat forward and aft) was slightly bent out of shape on the sides where the pin attaches to it. I bent it back into shape and the pins are fully extended now. Will reinstall the seat and test tomorrow....

• Like 5

Yes, I think someone pushed down on it and  bent it instead of pulling up on it like they should just enough to where the pins would not seat... I just reinstalled the seat and it is once again working.

Damn passengers 

Edited by Mooney_Mike

2 hours ago, carusoam said:

Isn't there a spring in there somewhere that tries to maintain the downward thrust to seat the pins?

Check for the spring, clean out any dirt, lubricate the system...

PP ideas only...

Best regards,

-a-

The seat is fixed and working, now on to the other problems....

On 7/19/2017 at 11:12 AM, Mooney_Mike said:

Yes, I think someone pushed down on it and  bent it instead of pulling up on it like they should just enough to where the pins would not seat... I just reinstalled the seat and it is once again working.

Damn passengers 

I wonder if someone stepped on it.  I would think you'd have to be pretty strong to bend steel.  lol