Question about STEC and ASPEN interaction

Here are two picures showing the interface and the FD92923e1dab44230cea4be1e70fa7e07f.jpg336741f4337c71b530561627e2c12e9d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks pretty cool. Is the enlarged VSI on the HSI all of the time so you can adjust vertical speed? And I assume the altitude preselect is done the normal Aspen way it was done before the integration, just now it tells the autopilot the altitude to level off. Get that right?

Next time we do a fly in, I need to spend some time looking over your Aspen.

BTW - the shop doing my upgrade told me that there is a box he is installing that will allow the Aspen altitudes for preselect and mins to play over your headset. In addition, he says there are features from the JPI 900 that can also be sent over the headset as a verbal warning for things like low voltage, oil pressure, etc. Not sure which box it is, but like the idea of what it can do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

On February 1, 2017 at 4:16 PM, flyer7324 said:

Speaking of "want to haves" as opposed to "need to haves" I ordered the enablement to allow the 345 to display FIS and TIS-B on the Aspen. There's a 300 dollar discount being offered on the unlock by Aspen currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's free for L3 Lynx owners!

Clarence

traffic is being provided by my TCAS to the ASPEN. 

Do you have any photos of what traffic looks like on the PFD? I am having the L-3 9000+ installed and the PFD will be unlocked along with the MFD. curious if it shows up on the AI or just the HSI's map.

Just now, Marauder said:

Do you have any photos of what traffic looks like on the PFD? I am having the L-3 9000+ installed and the PFD will be unlocked along with the MFD. curious if it shows up on the AI or just the HSI's map.

Let me get back to you on this... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marauder said:

Do you know if the traffic will show up on the AI if you don't have SVT?

It doesn't on mine, only the HSI page.

Clarence

7 hours ago, Oscar Avalle said:

I don;'t think so. 

2 hours ago, M20Doc said:

It doesn't on mine, only the HSI page.

Clarence

Thanks for the reply on this. It will be interesting to see what the L-3 will display on the Aspens. I reviewed the firmware update specific for ADS-B and it appears the Aspen working with the L-3 will have some interesting traffic reporting (like ground vehicles that are transponder equipped). My main focus is what is displayed on the MFD including all of the weather products that will be available. Exciting times.

11 hours ago, Marauder said:

Thanks for the reply on this. It will be interesting to see what the L-3 will display on the Aspens. I reviewed the firmware update specific for ADS-B and it appears the Aspen working with the L-3 will have some interesting traffic reporting (like ground vehicles that are transponder equipped). My main focus is what is displayed on the MFD including all of the weather products that will be available. Exciting times.

Let us know please. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Marauder said:

Traffic is displayed on the SV pages of the Aspen from the Lynx, and will also show on the HSI page if in that display mode.

• Like 1