Who's coming to Oshkosh?

JKSmith

8 hours ago, yvesg said:

About the keg, there are some logistics issues that are difficult to resolve on short notice and away. So to make sure that we don't end-up without anything, please consider the event as BYO as suggested initially by gsxrpilot. Things could change but better be safe than sorry. Some will bring extra I am sure so no one should end-up all dry.

Several are quite surprised about the positive response we are having with our Gathering.

Yves

First timer: I note that alcohol is not allowed on the show site. I suppose the N40 and the Caravan tent is outside the "Class 2"?  

On 7/16/2016 at 9:42 PM, Sabremech said:

Hi Bob,

I had seen your comments to Joker and was looking at the parking info. I couldn't find anything specifically showing GAP on the EAA map, but I know not all the airplanes parked in the North 40 have people camping with their plane. I'd like to be somewhat close to the Mooney Caravan airplanes. Thanks,

David

David, I'm flying in the Caravan arrival and assume that displaying a VAP sign will get me directed to that area. I will have to make my way to Caravan tent for the flight debrief etc. I'm still open to being convinced I should park in the boonies but at the moment VAP seems better even though we'll go to the tent for gatherings. Nancy is helping Jolie some in  the Mooney/MAPA area and I plan to do forums every day. Single Malt is not my thingy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, co2bruce said:

Flying in commercial Monday night and leaving Thursday afternoon. I guess I'll miss all the Mooniac get togethers this time around. I will be wearing my Mooney gear and will talk to anyone wearing their's. Hope to meet some of you walking around and put faces to some names. Everyone have fun and be safe!

Bruce, you might want to buy a ticket for the Mooney Caravan BBQ on Tuesday night in the North 40.  I am sure that there will be a lot of MooneySpacers there as well. I attend every year even though I hadn't flown the Caravan. This year I am thrilled because I am!

Also, make sure to stop by the Mooney International Pavilion, The Ambassadors/Mooney Girls there all week. And MAPA is close by too.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2016 at 9:52 PM, yvesg said:

Here is the updated list. You've heard gsrxpilot, it will be a BYOB. JKSmith, if your offer still stands please go ahead and bring some. Several will bring some packs.

List of Mooneyspacers that pledged to attend the get together in Oshkosh at the Mooney Caravan tent on Monday at 6 PM

Jastu23 + 2
Bob Belville + 1
Sabremech
JKSmith
gsxrpilot
Steingar
Hector
201er + 1
yvesg + 1
M20Doc
wishboneash
larryb
jetdriven + 1
Stinkbug + 1
cnoe (tentative)
Bob + 1
SoMooney
Guitarmaster

Guys, I will be there too with my son. I hope to arrive (by car) on Monday before 6 PM. 

Updated list

List of Mooneyspacers that pledged to attend the get together in Oshkosh at the Mooney Caravan tent on Monday at 6 PM

Jastu23 + 2
Bob Belville + 1
Sabremech
JKSmith
gsxrpilot
Steingar
Hector
201er + 1
yvesg + 1
M20Doc + 1
wishboneash
larryb
jetdriven + 1
Stinkbug +1
cnoe (tentative)
Bob + 1
SoMooney
Guitarmaster
FlyingSchmidth
Ned Gravel + 1
N131MA
druidjaidan + 1.5
tbrickey
drapo (tentative)
Dkmiata + 1
Culver LFA
Oscar Avalle + 1

38 minutes ago, N9201A said:

Yves I am in for MS gathering.

Bob I would park with Caravan upon landing for debrief and taxi to VAP after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had you under larryb

Fixed it:

Jastu23 + 2
Bob Belville + 1
Sabremech
JKSmith
gsxrpilot
Steingar
Hector
201er + 1
yvesg + 1
M20Doc + 1
wishboneash
N9201A
jetdriven + 1
Stinkbug +1
cnoe (tentative)
Bob + 1
SoMooney
Guitarmaster
FlyingSchmidth
Ned Gravel + 1
N131MA
druidjaidan + 1.5
tbrickey
drapo (tentative)
Dkmiata + 1
Culver LFA
Oscar Avalle + 1

Just got a message that there is the option to buy some pizza for the group for the Monday night gathering. Cost around $200 for the group. Please provide your opinion on this offer?

Yves

I'll contribute $50 for the pizza as well.

1 hour ago, N9201A said:

Yves I am in for MS gathering.

Bob I would park with Caravan upon landing for debrief and taxi to VAP after.

N9021A (Sorry, too close to the title of the TV show)

You may not be able to simply park in the N40 and then taxi over to Vintage later.  The "Enforcers" may not allow it.  But I guess it is worth the try.

Sure you can Ned. How do they stop you? We've got folks who aren't camping, land, debrief, then taxi to GAP at the FBOs. Just leave the rows and go to the parallel, wave the sign, and you'll get routed back.

My concern is if the red trolleys aren't running, it's a looong walk from Vintage out to N40. Length of 36 + much of 27. Hate to see anyone miss the briefing, pretty bad newbie faux pas.

OK folks, I am preparing name tags to know who is who... with Craig's blessing... so if you want a clean tag, please ask me to add your MooneySpace handle to the list... otherwise, you will get Sharpie writing on your tag. There is room left to add your (real)  first name if you want (with a pen when we are there).

Still working on the Pizza thing. Will let you know ASAP. Thanks for the generous folks who wish to pay for the Pizza.

Yves

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, N9201A said:

Caravaners wear your name tags!!  Save Yves some work!

The MooneySpace tags will have the MooneySpace handles which are usually not related to the Caravan call signs. I'll leave some space to write your real name, your mother-in-law's name or whatever you want.

Yves

5 minutes ago, Sabremech said:

Hi Bob,

Matt is right, I parked in VAP as I couldn't get a good read on where GAP would be with the construction on the North side of 9-27. 

Yvesg, Sabremech is David Staffeldt for a name tag.

Thank you, 

I only put the MS handles on the tags. You may add your name with the Sharpie. I do not want to redo them... I am quite busy preparing the trip now.

Yves

• Like 1