Missing bolt on Muffler shroud?

During an oil change today (1965 M20C), noticed that the shroud or heat shield that wraps around the muffler has a tab with 2 holds, but there appears to be a bolt/nut missing to keep it together.  This is seen looking at the muffler from the passenger side.

I can't say that I remember ever noticing this before, and so I don't know if there was ever a bolt in this bracket.  We bought the aircraft in Nov 2012.

The heat shield seems to be in good condition and in the correct position.  The figure that shows the muffler assembly in my Mooney parts manual does not show this detail.

Could someone let me know if this assemble should have a bold and lock nut, and if so what size?

I had a similar  problem,  however on my 67'C there are 3 stainless steel screrws #8's pilot side  and one co-pilot's side ( if I remember correctly) anyway the center one kept comming out so I went to the next size up #10 screw. so far no prolblems. It is probably sheet metal fasner (tinner man nuts) need to be replaced. after having to open up the heat  sheild every year for the annual they wear out over time.

James

'67C