I created this form in Google docs.  I can fill it out on my iPad while still in the cockpit or the hanger.  My brother and I share the plane so we both use the form.  It auto populates a spreadsheet that I can view, download, print, etc.  But it's all in the Google cloud and accessible from anywhere.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1BHDb2yTtUrwF0wUT82KIDfjyEeubrHJ0nplKwgHA4Tk/viewform

Paul

• Like 1

I created this form in Google docs.  I can fill it out on my iPad while still in the cockpit or the hanger.  My brother and I share the plane so we both use the form.  It auto populates a spreadsheet that I can view, download, print, etc.  But it's all in the Google cloud and accessible from anywhere.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1BHDb2yTtUrwF0wUT82KIDfjyEeubrHJ0nplKwgHA4Tk/viewform

Paul

I like it. Can you share it with us?

I use a spreadsheet and "programmed" my own logbook, database, analysis-tool and scheduler... - and it keeps growing and growing.
In the meantime it includes a weight & balance calculation incl. stall speeds, analysis of fuel and oil consumption, keeps track of all costs, notes on airports visited, etc.... - this is quite helpful in the meantime and also fun to develop further and further...  :-)

I have an Android phone and downloaded a database called "Memento Database". It free or $10  for the pro version, is really easy to set up and you can track anything you want.

I'm tracking fuel, oil level and added, oil change, spark plug cleaning and a notes field. Tracking costs is more than I care to do. I also have a 2nd database set up in Memento to track squawks and any actions taken on them.

Holy Cow! Was that written in dBase III ?

d-who what? Once upon a time, I think I took a class at the community college in dBase III . . .

Right page is for flight times; left pages for oil changes/additions and VOR checks. Pages at the back track things like TTAF/E, and I forget what else [edit:  tire changes, vacuum pump, etc]. It lives in the plane [right seat front pocket]. Makes it easier when I forget to update my logbook from time to time.

The rust spots are from the clip that holds it open to the current page. Durned cheap Chinese pot metal!

And Marauder, it's written in INK, thank you very much!! "Invention of the pencil"!!!  mmmphhhh . . . Did I ever say I bought the plane from a WV native?

What did you do with your book after coloring in all of the pictures???? :lol: Don't worry, there's a special pass for those who regularly put up with The Dentist.
Why I hang on them on the walls! Don't you? :) The dentist would! Sent using Tapatalk

Why I hang on them on the walls! Don't you? :) The dentist would! Sent using Tapatalk

Only if they are colored in with genuine Crayola crayons! and printed on acid-free paper from Random House Publishers.  :P

• Like 1

I just use the comments column in the Aircraft Journey Log for oil. I don't worry about fuel I figure out the GPH once in awhile to be sure nothing is going wrong. For flight time, I have an old-fashioned hard cover pilot logbook but I have not updated it now for 3 years. Every year I do my transport pilot medical, I just say I flew 200 hours and have 7000 hours. They have never complained that the number does not go up :)

I just preflight fuel and go.  I worry about fuel burn per hour in the air for planning but after that I do not worry about it.  Time to go fly.  Oh drats I can't my plane in in for annual.

Just like trying to figure how much it costs to fly my plane.  I just close my eyes and go if you worry about it you will stop flying.

This is what I use. Less than a dollar, lasts for years. This one came with the plane in 2007, and has several more years left in it.

....and no batteries or SW updates to worry about. smiley14.gif

I like it. Can you share it with us?

This link should allow you to copy the form.  You can also go to docs.google.com and create your own form.  It's really easy and the form will automatically link back to a spreadsheet where all the responses are saved.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1BHDb2yTtUrwF0wUT82KIDfjyEeubrHJ0nplKwgHA4Tk/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...