Mark Baker AOPA......

I wonder how the wine club will fare!!!!   :P

At least he sounds like an enthusiastic pilot.  His business background doesn't indicate ANY experience with politicians and/or the DC culture...not sure if that is good or bad.  His corporate experience probably means he is squared-away with organizational and leadership issues, but the threat going forward is in DC.  We'll see.

I thought Thomas Haines was primed and ready. Great pilot, shrude leader.
Based on this guy's bio, he has a solid background in customer service. I suspect due to dwindling membership (remember they hired a guy last year to improve membership renewals and still had issues), they wanted someone they felt represented GA and who could reconnect with the pilot population. I did not renew this year after being a member for 23 years. Has Haines ever been anything else than a journalist?

I saw this yesterday and also noted a real lack of experience dealing with Washington, at least from a resume perspective. Maybe they feel like they have other executives who can carry that mantle, and they wanted someone who could focus more on the business aspect of running the organization.

And I try really hard not to critique others' spelling because hey, let he who has not sinned...and all that. But really?  "Shrude"?  Maybe one too many moon pies before writing that post!

:P

I met Phil Boyer, AOPA pres before Craig Fuller, at the Aspen tent on the North 40 while I was recharging my iPad.  Apparently he really likes being out from under that responsibility.  But he is still a bit of a "performer."   ^_^

I saw this yesterday and also noted a real lack of experience dealing with Washington, at least from a resume perspective. Maybe they feel like they have other executives who can carry that mantle, and they wanted someone who could focus more on the business aspect of running the organization.

And I try really hard not to critique others' spelling because hey, let he who has not sinned...and all that. But really?  "Shrude"?  Maybe one too many moon pies before writing that post!

:P

6 years at College Park, for nothing. :)