New Member: Self-Introduction

Good afternoon to all.

A couple of weeks ago my friend Seth posted a topic for me inquiring about converting C's to E's, so I thought I should introduce my self.

I am a 730 hour PPSEL who owns a C-172 hangared at KGAI.

I try to fly every day it is VFR, and am working on my instrument rating.

Currently shopping for a vintage Mooney as my step-up retract.

Have lots of questions, will probably start a bunch of threads, if I violate any Mooney etiquette please let me know :)

best

Tim

N23GV

Have lots of questions, will probably start a bunch of threads, if I violate any Mooney etiquette please let me know

Welcome to MooneySpace, Tim.

If you master our search function, many of your questions will have already been debated, answered, and re-answered.

Then you won't piss off some of the old curmudgeons around here. Not me, of course ;)

BTW, fine choice for a step-up airplane.

• Like 1

curmudgeon = geezer or old fart. As opposed to young pup or whippersnapper.

You forgot the bad attitude. But then, it's also displayed in young whippersnappers, too, but curmudgeons tend more toward surly instead of macho and superior.

Tim, you won't regret getting a C/E. Welcome!

I don't see any harm in re-visiting old topics.  It's like watching a movie at a different place in your life.  Sometimes you have a whole new perspective.

See....we can debate just about ANYTHING :P

Tim-

Glad you made it to the board. Did you end up test flying Alex's C?  There's also an M20F for sale on this board that the pilot needs to move.  He's lowered his price dramatically - Mid 30s.

C- 180 HP carburated short body

E - 200 HP fuel injected short body

F- 200 HP fuel injected medium body (10 extra inches - 5 in the back seat leg area and 5 in the baggage area)

-Seth

I just realized Tim, Bob Gawler (Examiner at GAI, Trebor Aviation) was brokering at C model with good radios, recent OH and some Mooney Service Center mx. I couldn't find it online, so it may have sold. But then again, you never know. Stop in and see Bob. I did my instrument check ride with him 15 years ago and he brokered and conducted the settlement of the Mooney I now have. Great guy.

Gentlemen - thx for all of the assistance.  This process has made me very enthusiastic about vintage Mooneys.  And yes, Bob Gawler is a great guy and a real resource at KGAI.  Will let you know where I end up, and look forward to being a contributing member of the Mooney Space forum.  Tim