JPI 730 vs 830

aerobat95

If you add MP & RPM, you'll actually be upgrading to the 830 configuration.

I am in the same boat and looking at going from the 730 to the 830 (same cost as going from 700 to 730 since no change in sensors/functionality). I recall till the end of the year, JPI is giving a $200 rebate on the display upgrade which is $1065 from Spruce. In your case you'd also have to acquire the new MP & RPM sensors for probably around $500-600 if you can get them both from Spruce (they'remore expensive directly from JPI).

Want to try go with multiple purchase discount?

I have been getting a quote organized with JPI. They have a discount, and a trade in for the 700. I would like all the data including the rpm, OAT, MP all easily accessible to memory stick...

-a-

JPI's display upgrade cost is $1200. But from Spruce its only $1065 http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/inpages/jpi730830upgrade.php?clickkey=4571 Do you expect JPI to beat that?

The -730 and the -830 are identical, except the 830 will display MAP and RPM when those sensors are installed. You can convert a -700 to either a -730 or -830 from my understanding, just like you could convert it to an -800. I'm not sure if you had a -730 and simply plugged in MAP and RPM if it would work or not without a trip back to JPI to unlock that functionality in the software, though.

So the 730 will not display MAP? Is there any programs out there that will do a 700 to an 830?

I think you can upgrade from the 700 to 830 display for the same price. The difference would be that you have to buy the extra sensors. In addition to the ones you have already mentioned do you already have fuel flow, oil temp, oil pressure and outside temp? All these are standard on the 830. Some of these sensors are pretty expensive, so you might want to compare the cost of upgrading your unit to the cost of selling it and just buying the 830 and having all new sensors. I got a new 830 with all the sensors at Oshkosh last year for $2600.

Why is it unable to get the HP calculation correct?

What does it need to have, rpm, mp, oat, ff, know that it's ROP or lop?

I am considering this purchase, but the rumor of inaccuracy is strong, can it be overcome? Flat out wrong, is pretty strong.

Either way the full data collection is what is important to me. Doing the HP lookup is a pain since I'm doing the calc vs. the machine.

I am following the HP calc <65% for Lop... Since most of my travels are above 10k' it really doesn't effect me much.

Who wants flat out wrong data in the mix???

Best regards,

-a-