Mooneyspace website upgrade

mooniac58

We are doing well actually. Raised about $4k and spent about $1800 so far setting up the initial hosted version of IPBoard which in turn I needed to buy the full code base and host it on an Amazon S3 cloud server.

Operating costs are about $100 per month on the new cloud server but well worth it given the performance boost and tons of storage space we get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Craig,

I "liked" your post...

Then I got this error message... When I pushed the button a second time....

It must have not remembered that I pushed the like button. Now the button indicates that I like it.

An error occurred

There was a problem storing your reputation vote.

-a-

• Like 1

Not sure on that one Flyboy. I have tested it in IE9 and it looks good. You might try flushing out your IE cache as well.

IPBoard is such popular forum platform I would be surprised if it did not work with IE8...

There must be something wrong with my installation of IE 8, I cleared all cookies, caches, what have you and still can't get the site to display anything other than the headers.

post-7663-0-02609900-1351531550_thumb.jp

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have been looking at moving Mooneyspace over to an IP Board forum/site package.  Because this forum is a custom platform it will require the hiring of a developer to massage the data from one platform to the other.

Currently this developer is quoting this project and I should have a price soon.  However, I am guessing we are looking at $1000 to $3000 to do this and then going forward IP Board will cost about $30-$50 per month to host.

So, in order to do this I will be reaching out to all of you with some kind of fundraising project.  I will likely use Kickstarter so that you will not be charged until the goal we set is met.  The only downfally is Kickstarter/Amazon take about 10% of the pool so it will have to be larger than the actual amount required in order to cover overhead of the fundraising.

I wanted to just get all of your feedback on this and to see what the level of interest is.  I have kept Mooneyspace online for 4 years without asking for anything -but if we want all of the issues fixed and a better website we will need to make this migration.

Thank you!

I am new around but definetly happy to participate...

PS: wouldn't be an ideea to have a group with 231/252 owners?

Not really, since the rest of us don't mind including K owners in the Mooney family :)

Of course we are part of the family...sorry if I was misunderstood! I am thinking of specific issues and operations on type...

Anyway, all type of Mooneys should have a specific group for sharing type experiences...