PIREP Bevan Aviation

I want to share my experience with Bevan Aviation, specifically with Jake.

Long story short: I was having issues with my AP (KFC 150) altitulde hold and alt preselect. It was randomly failing. This has been a long standing issue, dating back to the previous owner who try to fix this several times, with no success.

I did some diagnostic myself, trying to narrow down when the issue was happening. All this troubleshooting was done with the selfless help of Jake. Who at some poitn suggested me to send the flight computer to a shop near my location. 

So, up to this point, already amazing service. A ton of help, without any commercial interest.

As I could never get a hold of the the shop he recommended, I asked Jake if I could ship my flight computer to him to take a look.

He was not only able to reproduce the issue, but also fix it. I flew a couple of times after getting back the KC 192 and the AP is working to perfection.

I cannot say enough good things about Jake and Bevan:

• He helped me troubleshoot the issue without any intention on selling me any service.
  • He was able to fix an issue that many other shop tried and couldn´t.
  • Communicaiton was super easy, he kept me updated through the repair process.

I would 100% recommend them!

Edited by redbaron1982
  • Like 9

I'll also add a +1 for Jake at Bevan.  He repaired (or supervised the repair) of my pitch trim servo and walked me through the identification of the connectors that Century used long ago.  Super helpful, always took my call, responded to all my emails and just a real pleasant guy. 

• Like 1

Thank you guys for all the kind words, I greatly appreciate them.  If you or a friend need any help in the future just let me know.  Also, I will say that Mooneyspace is an amazing community that is very helpful and responsive.  I truly enjoy being able to add to it with autopilot help.

Edited by Jake@BevanAviation
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

1+ for jake at bevan’s aviation. They not only calibrated my freshly overhauled ADI to the autopilot but they are one of the few places that STILL can do repair work on garmin 530w as i had a button that was intermittent that they fixed. One if not the only place that will do that at an hourly rate instead of a flat fee.  

• Like 2