User Fees on ALL your rich casual flyers....

Don’t fund bureaucracy on the backs of GA,

User fees would be ‘nonsensical and self-defeating’

...Yeah, go find someone else's back Undecided

Excerpts from AOPA's Sarah Brown, which I've modified:

The prospect of general aviation user fees has reared its head again, this time in debt-reduction negotiations. GA groups are urging members of the House and Senate to reject this “resoundingly discredited approach to raising revenues.”

Over the past five years Congress has overwhelmingly rejected the introduction of new user fees, which would add costs for GA operators and a new layer of federal bureaucracy, but we need to take from your rich GA airplane owner's because "it's only right" and the federal government needs more than your fuel taxes....yes, new user fees. It beats reining in unbridled spending, or seriously trying to reduce fraud, overpayments, and federal redistribution innefficiences.

So what if user fees have absolutely devastated general aviation in other parts of the world; we can create a new federal collection bureaucracy of billing agents, auditors and collection officials, to complement my new 15,000 IRS agent police force, so we can harass all you rich airplane owner's, unlucky small businesses, all dentists, math professors, and instructors, and many other wage earners.

We need more jobs....right?

This is real deficit reduction, as any "reasonable person" can "understand".

T-cheek.gif

Never underestimate the power of class envy. 

I have lived through and enjoyed the golden years of general aviation here in the United States.  I lived in Europe in the early 70's and saw the beginning of the end for general aviation there.  I am afraid that we may not be very far behind Europe.