Right side Installation of a ram air vent on Pre-J

Still hoping for some photos of an installation of a ball type turn to open/close ram air vent on Co-Pilot knee.  Anybody have this done?  Do they have some input on how they mated to existing air box?  The vent is NOT a good mate and wondered how some did this.  With the hot temps and a wife that wears relief band and gets car sick in a car...this is a necessity.  I have the vent, but hoping for photos of someone that got this done.  Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Just got one installed during annual.  Test flew but don't have the bill yet and paper work.  I am working in Raleigh till Friday.  When I get home I will get elaboration and pictures.  I ordered a Mooney vent from a salvage yard ($20.00).  The mechanic cut a hole in the co-pilot side NACA vent, fabricated a mount and attached the vent with screws. You can call him for details. His name is Kevin Snyder at 252.515.4081 

Yup, Hank that's what I want.  Hoping for photo with trim ring/vent off showing mate with the NACA vent/box.  Mine is NOT flat so mounting screws/eliminating opening(s) on back side is the challenge.  Yours came out looking great.  I am wanting to show my A&P a photo of what the "behind the curtain" area looks like.  I have the same vent and exterior trim ring as you are showing.  Match's my pilot side vent.  Kevin did a little aluminum "build-up" to close the gaps.  He said no big deal.  My only non-standard annual to do stuff are the vent and modifying the opening for my retractable step.  I powder coated two steps and the one that has closure plate config like my bird would not go up/down at all.  The other step I did will retract, but hangs up or only comes down partially.  I will have a nice step available in December if anyone is interested...The powder coat is chrome/silver looking.