Anyone at McClellan-Palomar Airport?

Ptwob_gaona

I'm at Legoland California in Carlsbad CA with my family. There are light GA planes flying overhead all day and I thought maybe I could meet up with a Mooniac and look at a beautiful plane. No flight implied, I'd just like to walk around and sit in it to feel the size. If you feel like flying, I'll cover the gas...I'm not one to say no to flying . That's it, just a friendly check in with MSers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Ptwob_gaona said:

I'm at Legoland California in Carlsbad CA with my family. There are light GA planes flying overhead all day and I thought maybe I could meet up with a Mooniac and look at a beautiful plane. No flight implied, I'd just like to walk around and sit in it to feel the size. If you feel like flying, I'll cover the gas...I'm not one to say no to flying emoji3.png. That's it, just a friendly check in with MSers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I flew down there for that exact purpose last year (going to Legoland w/ my family)!  If mine Wasn't in for annual right now, I'd fly down- sadly I'm waiting for the inspection (and bill) to be completed

I could shoot a practice approach into CRQ around 6 tomorrow if you want to meet up.  Just an old F model but im happy to take you for a quick ride.  Might have to be back seat, my CFI doesnt like sitting in the back.

I did assume 6 pm...but you could be a morning person so now I'll clarify

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yea PM

My instructor is a good friend we dont really go by the hour but I do have to be back home by 7 or my wife will have my ass.

They do have transient parking according to airnav. 

PM me your phone number Ill text you when im leaving SNA.

• Like 1

yea PM
My instructor is a good friend we dont really go by the hour but I do have to be back home by 7 or my wife will have my ass.
They do have transient parking according to airnav. 
PM me your phone number Ill text you when im leaving SNA.

I will say, the Mooney community is a bigger seller than the plane...and the plane is awesome.

Met up with TheTurtle and we had a great flight! This group is awesome!

30a3d339e66ed5178705b321361153ad.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ptwob_gaona said:

I will say, the Mooney community is a bigger seller than the plane...and the plane is awesome.

Met up with TheTurtle and we had a great flight! This group is awesome!

30a3d339e66ed5178705b321361153ad.jpg

Glad I was wearing my one cleanish tshirt for the pic ;)

Great to meet you and the family; glad I could take you for a quick trip down the coast.  Good luck in your search and have fun with Shamu tomorrow!

• Like 1