Does a 530 fit well into a M20E?

ncdmtb

The 530 fits just fine in the centre stack. I have a 530 and a 430, and there is plenty of space left.

Here's a link to a picture: http://n822e.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/p1010431.jpg

In that picture, I notice the bottom section of your panel (the strip with switches for strobe lights etc, cabin heat, throttle, mix and prop levers etc) is highly polished. Can i ask how it got that way? The reason I ask is that mine still has the original grey paint. The paint is looking a bit shabby. If i just polish the paint away, will it look nice and shiny underneath like yours? will i then have to put some kind of clear lacker paint on there or will simply polishing the base metal be all thats needed (and possibly the recessed or etched labels will still retain their black paint too)

thanks

justin

WOW...love your new ride!!

Thanks!  I hope it becomes mine soon.

In that picture, I notice the bottom section of your panel (the strip with switches for strobe lights etc, cabin heat, throttle, mix and prop levers etc) is highly polished. Can i ask how it got that way? The reason I ask is that mine still has the original grey paint. The paint is looking a bit shabby. If i just polish the paint away, will it look nice and shiny underneath like yours? will i then have to put some kind of clear lacker paint on there or will simply polishing the base metal be all thats needed (and possibly the recessed or etched labels will still retain their black paint too)

thanks

justin

The truth is, it's still at the shop for the pre-buy.  I hope it becomes mine soon and then I can have a good look at the panel for you.  So I don't actually know the answer yet.  I'll let you know...

Cheers,

Paul

In that picture, I notice the bottom section of your panel (the strip with switches for strobe lights etc, cabin heat, throttle, mix and prop levers etc) is highly polished. Can i ask how it got that way?

Sorry - I don't know. It was almost like that when I bought it, before doing the panel work. A few minutes work with some metal polish got it to its current condition.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Congratulations it is a good deal, well equipped. I noticed that it has the old traffic sensor ATD-200. You can upgrade to the new ATD-300+ Traffic-Watch that fits exactly on the same spot and shows traffic on the 530. Check http://www.monroyaero.com/ATD300V10.pdf.

José

until G puts out a software update that disables it.  Like on the G500 and stormscope 500. Then,according to PTK, its the market deciding ehats best for you.

• Like 1

Another stranger! Where have you been hiding? How did the engine break-in go?

Sent using Tapatalk

B26> I've been around here making a few comments... Than ks for asking.

I reported on taking the plane to Kerrville by myself, check out my new hanger art, 13 hours of fun flying. Upon return with 35 hours since the "overhaul" we switched to Phillips 20W-50 XC and Camguard. Have not flown since then but oil analysis looked fine and I believe she's better than new. Should be headed to Maine a couple of times this summer so hope my excitement is over for a while.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N943RW/history/20140414/1354Z/KERV/KJVW

Might have to stop by and have lunch in Oxford, pick up some mushrooms?

B26> I've been around here making a few comments... Than ks for asking.

I reported on taking the plane to Kerrville by myself, check out my new hanger art, 13 hours of fun flying. Upon return with 35 hours since the "overhaul" we switched to Phillips 20W-50 XC and Camguard. Have not flown since then but oil analysis looked fine and I believe she's better than new. Should be headed to Maine a couple of times this summer so hope my excitement is over for a while.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N943RW/history/20140414/1354Z/KERV/KJVW

Might have to stop by and have lunch in Oxford, pick up some mushrooms?

Let me know! Lunch on me and we can make a mushroom run on your way through.

• Like 1