Selling my E

Alan Fox

I have a suggestion. I have owned Beechcraft in the past and still frequent the beech talk forum. It's a great place

They have rules in place for classifieds.

You must post a price

NO disparaging remarks-- it's up to the buyer to exercise due diligence

These two rules (there are others) keep the tone mature and polite.

Visitors to the site are not turned off and this adds to their perception of the pilots and the aircraft

How about guys? Maturity and politeness.

• Like 4

Interesting that courtesy on this site is the rule rather than the exception, except when $$ is involved, and:

1. People buying or selling planes exhibiting strong opinions, faulty memories, over or under valued estimates, and like that. :P

2. People thinking about putting their planes on the market and overstating the planes virtues, speed, desirability, and like that. :rolleyes:

3. Me being too harsh on some silly/lazy newbee blurb. B)

4. The dent and me having fun with each other, although I freely admit he's more civil than I am. ^_^

5. All of us taking umbridge of stinky, dirty, cargo parts on a Mooney pilot. :wacko:

........feel free to add to this list, be please be polite doing so. :wub:

• Like 4

Wow! I've only just re joined the group, sure are a critical bunch!!

At the end of the day the market will establish a value for the airplane being offered. If none of you are in that market then you opinions are meaningless to this seller.

Clarence

Wow! I've only just re joined the group, sure are a critical bunch!!

At the end of the day the market will establish a value for the airplane being offered. If none of you are in that market then you opinions are meaningless to this seller.

Clarence

The boys are in the middle a feud you can get the other side here.

http://mooneyspace.com/topic/10804-1968-c-ranger-at-camarillo-airport-needs-a-home/page-3#entry132358

They will get over it:)

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Alan's E in person and the exterior is indeed in good shape.  I'd say he's accurate as to the condition of the paint.  This aircraft accoridng to Alan sat inside for years and he was able to purchase it. 

Alan did not feel comfortable selling a plane with just a few hours since overhaul so long ago, so he decided to fly it himself for a good 50+ hours, and now that the engine is still running just fine, he's ready to sell it. 

He won't take a penny less than 35K, but find another E on the marekt for 35K.  I think if you are at least interested in an E and are close enough talk with Alan and maybe you two will come to a deal.  It's too nice of a plane that works just fine to part out.

Good luck!

-Seth

• 1 month later...

If that's the case genius , why didn't you get a field approval...

There is not any path to field approval with a part which is STC'd. I already tried that that and the FSDO denied it over the phone. They said I had to buy or transfer the STC.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't we all just get along. Let the market decide the fate of the plane. As everyone knows Get a pre purchase inspection from a reputable mechanic before you spend a dime on a bird. I wouldn't believe anyone's story as a pilot is to close to the plane he is selling.

Lets stop the 2 year old antics and behave like the honorable mooney pilots that we all are!