Mooney Eagle for sale

He should make sure prospective buyers know that it's an Eagle 2 - which has a 3 blade MacCauley prop for 33% better take-off performance, electric rudder trim (which the original Eagle didn't have and is especially important if you upgrade to the 310hp STC), two color paint scheme (less important years later, but it was a nice upgrade at the time). Although it will need to have the Moritz gauges replaced at some point, since they fail one by one, there are a few options now for certified engine monitors. He should be sure the ad shows useful load, which is a strong point on the Eagle.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Schllc said:

What does it cost to convert this to 310?

is it just prop governor and fuel flow like the o2?

In this case it would be the STC ($4995), a Hartzell Top prop with governor set to 2700,  a new Tach that shows 2700 rpm and whatever labor is involved. This would be a good time to change out the Moritz engine gauges to a JPI, EI or Garmin.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Schllc said:

What does it cost to convert this to 310?

is it just prop governor and fuel flow like the o2?

When I budgeted for it in 2019 it was around 22k but ended up spending like 11k all in because I ended up finding a used prop a lot cheaper. Probably right now you can bank on around 25 to 30k. 
The props are around 15000. The STC is 4995 if you can find a place that’s willing to sell it for that cost, but most places I talked to are selling it for 7 to 10k with their own mark up. The governor gets sent in and switched to a different variation. Fuel flow increases and you need a tach that has a 2700 redline. Fuel tank sticker that indicate 89 gallons are required too. Takeoff weight is also increase 3368 from 3200. In this case it would probably get the full 168 pound increase since the prop weighs about the same.

I went from the toothpick 2 blade to 310 conversion and the difference is startling. The plane with 244hp and a 2 blade is a pig on the ground roll, especially at the 3200 gross. Climb is alright. Cruise was pretty much unchanged. I am of the opinion that the rudder trim isn’t needed, but I also haven’t flown a Mooney with rudder trim, and a lot of the time I do wish I had it. I just know it doesn’t need the rudder trim, since it’s been fine for the 1100 hours I’ve put on it in the last 4 or 5 years. It does need a lot of right rudder though, especially on a cold day at sea level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Other things I can add: BOTH the 530 and 430 were checked/overhauled by Garmin about three years ago, so there's that. Front seats have the LEMO plugs with Bose headsets (and maybe all four, I don't recall).

I'm constantly impressed with how smooth the engine runs.

It'll be worth every penny. 

36 minutes ago, vorlon1 said:

Other things I can add: BOTH the 530 and 430 were checked/overhauled by Garmin about three years ago, so there's that. Front seats have the LEMO plugs with Bose headsets (and maybe all four, I don't recall).

I'm constantly impressed with how smooth the engine runs.

It'll be worth every penny. 

I hope you know I was not bashing your plane as it’s configured. I was curious, and am certain anyone seriously looking has the same questions. 
good luck, it’s a beautiful paint scheme and it’s obvious the engine has been run lightly with the large derating. 

The link to barnstormers works but I can’t seam to find it when I go to the BS classifieds home page or the Mooney page.

Just a heads up that it might not be getting the views it deserves.

beautiful airplane !

16 hours ago, Schllc said:

I hope you know I was not bashing your plane as it’s configured. I was curious, and am certain anyone seriously looking has the same questions. 
good luck, it’s a beautiful paint scheme and it’s obvious the engine has been run lightly with the large derating. 

Naah, didn't take it that way at all. No worries!

On 4/20/2024 at 5:33 PM, vorlon1 said:

Text and pics copied from Barnstormers ad.

2002 MOONEY M20S EAGLE • $225,000 • FOR SALE BY OWNER • White over blue, excellent condition, original paint, hangared since new. Serial 30-0064, Registration N10021, Total time - approx 1311 hrs...131 hrs since 6 new cylinders on 9/14/2019. Continental 244HP IO-550G. Avionics - Garmin W530 and W430. WAAS equipped and ADS-B compliant. S-Tec 30 auto pilot with altitude hold. Speed brakes and stand by vac equipped. Hangared in Wilmington NC. • PM me for contact information , Owner and plane - located Wilmington, NC 28409

5.jpeg

4.jpeg

3.jpeg

2.jpeg

1.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...