Fuel minimums

11 hours ago, N201MKTurbo said:

It will reduce it because of reduced upper deck pressure. It doesn't meter airflow except by throttle position. If the turbo quits, the throttle position will not change.

12 hours ago, Shadrach said:

No. It means that wherever the red knob is set, the servo will attempt to, more or less, maintain the the set F/A ratio.
As an example if you’re at 18,000 feet set at 16.5gph and 26”, and the turbo plumbing fails rendering the engine without boost, the fuel system is not going to continue flowing at 16.5. It will reduce fuel flow based on the now much lower metered airflow.

Except throttle does effect fuel flow to a certain extent as proof when priming the engine for start if the throttle is wide open with full rich mixture i get 19 gal/hr on my fuel flow meter however if i leave the throttle at idle and prime the engine the max fuel flow i get is 9 gal/hr. No change in the aneroid-activated orifice which responds to turbocharger boost as the engine is not running yet. This aneroid orifice does change the fuel flow in response to the upper deck pressure but it has its limits and mooney knows this that is why there is a note in my poh 

Note:  At altitudes above 12,000 ft., an overrich mixture may result and the engine may quit operating if the turbocharger fails. 

also why in my poh is the procedure to go full throttle and mixture to cutoff as the engine will be overly rich when the engine quits at high altitudes.  If you wait until you descend below 12,000ft  the engine will restart where you left the mixture and throttle, but if you are over the mountains and do not have 12,000ft then you better start leaning out the mixture so the engine will start again at higher altitudes. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Pinecone said:

How much fuel did each tank take?

I would be concerned that the fuel gauge was saying 23 gallons, but the totalizer and sight gauges said 15.

I level flight, downwind, the FF and Cies gauges both read the same.    They always do in flight.  They never do on the ground.  

The Cies are calibrated for level flight and wing site gauges are calibrated for on the ground.   They should not agree.  

I haven't topped off yet.  I'll let you know.  If history repeats, it will be very close to 74 gallons.

3 hours ago, slowflyin said:

I level flight, downwind, the FF and Cies gauges both read the same.    They always do in flight.  They never do on the ground.  

The Cies are calibrated for level flight and wing site gauges are calibrated for on the ground.   They should not agree.  

I haven't topped off yet.  I'll let you know.  If history repeats, it will be very close to 74 gallons.

OK, it was thinking your picture was in flight, not on the ground.