Mooney Summit X

Pinecone

Just saw on the Mooney Summit site that it is planned for October 4 -5, 2024  updated dates of September 27 and 28, 2024 in Tampa.

Only bad thing is that MooneyMax is early September.

But I plan on doing both.

Also Mooney Flyer magazine is planning a gathering at Paso Robles (KPRB) June 28-29

Page 4 - Present Position (themooneyflyer.com)

• Like 4

Dan Bass @DanM20Cand Alex Gertsen @SkyBoundare busy planning another awesome event this year. Mark your calanders for Oct 4&5th. These dates have been vetted by all the stakeholders and venues. There is talk of possibly being able to sign up for upset training also from Lee Drumheller, lets see what shakes out. We will keep an updated agenda on www.mooneysummit.com as it is developed and firmed up. Look for registration to open soon also.

Steve it will be great to see you again!

EDIT

Summit X dates are now Sept 27&28

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Just to update those who haven't checked, but the dates (from the website) are September 27th and 28th. My wife and I plan on arriving on the evening of the 26th so we don't miss the first half of the event like last year. Registration is open!

-R

• Like 4

23 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

Thanks Red Leader. The event dates had to be coordinated with a lot of facilities, etc. I appreciate your posting the corrected dates.

And I appreciate all the great efforts put forth by those who organize these events. It is a lot of work and takes real dedication from those few who donate so much of their time to arrange this great experience for the rest of us!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2024 at 10:27 AM, Pinecone said:

Unfortunately, all this has put Mooney Max and Mooney Summit very close together.

Sept 5 - 8 and 27 - 28

I plane on being at both.

should spread them out more next year

Agreed, Dmax used to have his event in the spring/early summer. This year they decided to move to the fall and I am sure they have valid reasons. We did make our intentions known of holding the Mooney Summit X late sept early oct at the last Mooney Summit, and even posted it here. One year, MAPA homecoming decided to move their event to the exact weekend we had booked up stuff for the Mooney SUmmit, (2016 i think) We started the Summit back in 2014 in the spring, then MAPA wanted to have homecoming in the spring, so we moved to the fall, and then they changed to the exact same weekend :(

There are a lot of moving parts that prevent the Mooney Summit X from being shuffled further, unfortunately, and this also will give the west coasters a chance to go to an event a bit closer to them in Kerrville

It is my understanding that the DMAX event is now a charity event also, formally a 501c3!

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned we were approved Mooneymax as a NPO, 501 C(3)  all paperwork including tax returns have been completed. I lightly spoke to Jan and Mike prior to approval about combining the 3-4 organizations in an effort to have coordinated events throughout the year in differing geographical locations. Crickets. The organizations offer great programs aimed at pilot education, safety comradeship etc. Obviously the organizations being not for profit with the directors putting in unbelievable amounts of time so some kind of combinations would greatly help the Mooney pilots. If there becomes interest between the involved organizations I’d be more than happy to put in the effort trying to coordinate the events. Mike and Jan put in unbelievable amount of time and effort to provide safety to all of us. My personal thank you goes to all those involved in putting on these programs.

D

Nearly every make/model has a single organization representing it - COPA, ABS, PMOPA, POPA, etc.   

everyone has great intentions, and we are a devoted group, but we should be able to figure this out.

9 hours ago, Scott Ashton said:

Nearly every make/model has a single organization representing it - COPA, ABS, PMOPA, POPA, etc.   

everyone has great intentions, and we are a devoted group, but we should be able to figure this out.

That used to be MAPA, but they're not even a shadow of what they used to be . . . .

• 2 weeks later...

Any hotel link or info?

When I click on the link for information, it wants me to log into Google Drive, then request access.  Any reason this take so much effort?

I"m sorry about that.  Alex and I have been extremely busy with work/life things.  But I believe he has the hotel worked out.  We will get the web site updated and moving forward shortly. 

Cheers,

Dan

We have secured the room block at the Westin Tampa Waterside for $189 per night. You can book your room at the link below:

https://book.passkey.com/go/MooneySummit

The Westin will be our headquarters hotel, it is a short ride to both TPF and TPA and is connected to American Social where our Banquet is being held.

Please DM @DanM20C and me with suggestions for topics, speakers and activities you'd like to see at this year's Summit. If you are interested in being involved with the planning, let us know as well.

Looking forward to seeing all of you in Tampa.

Best,

Alex

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/8/2024 at 4:41 PM, Ryan ORL said:

Registered for the Summit, it'll be my first!  Looking forward to meeting some other MSers!

Ryan,

So excited that you and Katherine are joining us at Mooney Summit this year and can't wait for your presentation about your 9,300 nm Alaskan Flying Roadtrip!

--Alex

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mooney Summit X agenda has been posted!

Please take a look at the number of exciting speakers and subject matter experts coming this year to present and at so many owners and pilots sharing stories about their Mooney adventures and experiences.

Please take a moment to register now, the early bird registration rate of $149.00 is ending on July 31st.

Finally, do not delay getting your hotel room, we have a limited number of highly discounted rooms remaining in our block.

All the details can be found on www.MooneySummit.com.

We (Dan Bass and Alex Gertsen, your Event Co-Directors) can't wait to see you in Tampa in September!