Century Autopilot Service

I have a Mooney M20J with an Aspen PFD1000 Pro Max and a Century 41 autopilot. This equipment works perfectly except for the flight director display on the Aspen. That used to work perfectly until it started jerking and bouncing all over the place and is now totally unusable.  My avionics tech has little experience with this equipment, but feels the problem is with the autopilot.  I have had difficulty finding anyone other than the factory that can expertly trouble shoot and repair a Century 41 autopilot. My avionics tech has given me bad info before, so I am a little reluctant to fly all the way to Texas and find out the problem is minor or possibly does not involve the autopilot at all.  Does anyone know of a shop on the West Coast that is knowledgable on Century autopilots and might be able to address this problem?  Thanks in advance for any info.

Century is out of business, getting new parts for the 41 system is practically impossible without support from the manufacture for ribbon cable and other special parts.  Unfortunately, any support you find for the system is going to be extremely limited due to part availability.  Most common issues with the system was drive transistor failure for the servos, ribbon cables failing, and the transducer failing for alt hold functions.  I would try and contact Executive Autopilots and see what support for this system looks like with the manufacture being out of business.

Edited by Jake@BevanAviation
  • Like 3