Mooney Zoom- New Panel

On 5/19/2023 at 3:47 PM, eman1200 said:

How much/how long??? :)

Plane was down for about 3-4 months and there were several additions to the work scope along the way.  Cost we about $80k all together.  We hade to replace the speedbrakes to the electric version and replaced the fuel probes as well. 

• Like 1

Great idea!  I did a console-ectomy and transplant as part of my throttle quadrant delete operation years ago, and I made a filler panel in that area and put my ELT switch there.  Whenever I get around to doing the panel refresh, I think I'll move ALT STATIC down there too.  

Tom, I really like that you kept the EDM-900, or didn't add Garmin EIS.  Did you already have it and love it?  That is the boat I'm in currently...I want to keep my -900 but am unsure how I'll integrate everything.  I really like it on the left side of the panel.  I may opt for a location where you have the GFC500 controller.  I also like all of the options you chose...modern IFR with enough redundancy without going overboard either.

Great idea!  I did a console-ectomy and transplant as part of my throttle quadrant delete operation years ago, and I made a filler panel in that area and put my ELT switch there.  Whenever I get around to doing the panel refresh, I think I'll move ALT STATIC down there too.  
Tom, I really like that you kept the EDM-900, or didn't add Garmin EIS.  Did you already have it and love it?  That is the boat I'm in currently...I want to keep my -900 but am unsure how I'll integrate everything.  I really like it on the left side of the panel.  I may opt for a location where you have the GFC500 controller.  I also like all of the options you chose...modern IFR with enough redundancy without going overboard either.

I don’t think it will fit where the GFC controller is, unless you have a long body with a larger panel.
Yes, I already had it and didn’t want to spend money for no additional functionality, the LED will grab my attention if something happens. I personally like the square presentation over round engine monitors. I could have move the Aera but it would make it harder to interact with. I don’t interact with the JPI and but it’s still within view.
My primary goal was to have everything I interact with within a easy reach of my right hand. Secondary goals was to remove hard to find/repair equipment (switches, annunciator), clean up the panel and view (moved compass to panel).
The JPI integrates fine with GTN, the only problem was with the GTN, I used up all the RS232 ports, so I don’t get ADSB IN on the GTN, but I get it everywhere else (Aera, G3X, and iDevice).
  • Like 1