67’ wing swap

I am changing my wing out due to spar cap corrosion.  I was able to locate a wing from a plane 20 numbers newer than mine.  

The new wing had the gear in it still.  One of the bell cranks has a zerk in it.  It has a bung welded onto it.  The other 3 I have don’t have this.  The parts catalog doesn’t call for it but thought I would post a picture and ask what you think.

D10BB587-1722-432D-9130-73BFABE43AEF.jpeg

75DCB656-979A-45B3-8578-8E25BA4B9D7A.jpeg

10BE30F2-B172-4619-8C54-359A8ED21E47.jpeg

The pictures are from the wing I’m removing.  The question is about the place with the yellow arrow.  It has a hardened bolt and no place for a zerk on 3 of the 4 bell cranks I have.  The 2 wings are about 80-110 serial number from 67.  I can’t remember the exact number off the top of my head.  

Any of you know if your plane has the bung welded on for the zerk or not?  It made it this far without one so I’m guessing it’s ok but thought I would ask.

It depends on the year.  My 1967 M20C, electric gear, did not have those zerk fittings.  My current 64 manual gear also does not.

The factory would use up the parts they had as they built airplanes.  It sounds like those zerk fittings were added either late 1967 or 68.

• Like 1