W&B - the arm for the backup electric vacuum

Just now, smwash02 said:

Here's the image from my POH ('87 252). 98.4 inches and 12.0 lbs.

image.thumb.png.d4f2bafafb87baa88abc2ececa217563.png

Thanks!

Ooooh...it should be in my POH?  I thought it would be in my vast pile of logs and 337 and STC stuff.  Was it added upon original build?

Does anyone know if the electric vacuum arm is identical in the M20K 231 as in the M20K 252?

Just now, aviatoreb said:

Thanks!

Ooooh...it should be in my POH?  I thought it would be in my vast pile of logs and 337 and STC stuff.  Was it added upon original build?

Does anyone know if the electric vacuum arm is identical in the M20K 231 as in the M20K 252?

Welcome. Hopefully someone else can chime in and confirm, but it's my understanding the 231 didn't offer the dual alternator or backup vacuum. It is a stock feature of the 252.

• Like 1

Note that the equipment list shows the weight and arm for the entire installation (pump, hose, wiring) and not just the pump. If you want just the pump W&B you can weigh the pump and figure the arm from the fuselage station drawing in the Service Manual. 

5 minutes ago, PT20J said:

Note that the equipment list shows the weight and arm for the entire installation (pump, hose, wiring) and not just the pump. If you want just the pump W&B you can weigh the pump and figure the arm from the fuselage station drawing in the Service Manual. 

Oh - of course.

Anyway, yes that is what I want - for the full backup vacuum w&b hoses and all.  I don't have that service manual.

E

• Like 1

Just now, smwash02 said:

This article suggests that when the 231 moved to a 28V system, the electric vacuum backup became standard equipment.

Huh!  I didn't know there was ever a 28v 231.  I thought 28v came with the 252.

Anyway maybe electric pump was a factory option but not standard in my earlier 231.  I have here an equipment list with everything from sump cup to curtains in it but no electric pump.

And anyway, yeah I want that number for electric pump plus hoses.

@aviatoreb Erik, 

See if you can post a pic of your installation...

with relationship to the access panel...

It may have gotten a standardized location early on...

Make no assumptions... because, Mooney could have moved it for a variety of reasons, and moved it back on the next model...

Best regards,

-a-

10 hours ago, carusoam said:

@aviatoreb Erik, 

See if you can post a pic of your installation...

with relationship to the access panel...

It may have gotten a standardized location early on...

Make no assumptions... because, Mooney could have moved it for a variety of reasons, and moved it back on the next model...

Best regards,

-a-

Here it is.

IMG_9741.jpeg

IMG_7683.jpeg

• Like 1

That looks just like the one I removed from my 1994 M20J except mine was located where your ELT is. Looks like yours has been moved: you can see the old screw holes and the hose and wire have been extended.

Skip

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PT20J said:

That looks just like the one I removed from my 1994 M20J except mine was located where your ELT is. Looks like yours has been moved: you can see the old screw holes and the hose and wire have been extended.

Skip

Very interesting - was your arm and weight the same as shown in the table above from smwash02?

BTW yes it is for removal of the entire installation

• Like 1