Cowl Plug

Vintage Mooney owners, do you have a cowl plug and if so where did you get it. I had ordered one from aircraft spuce and recieved a call today saying that the company doesn't make one for my Mooney. (it would have been nice to know that nearly three weeks ago when I ordered it). Just wondering if you just made your own or know who sells them.

You can see plugs and other vermin covers that I designed and created on my Gallery under bird guards.  I used closed cell polyetheylene foam.  Note retainer pairs on top and bottom.  I use natural spring of material to retain.  Finger hole allows depress of foam downward with rotate out at top.  Dayglo orange tinted paint stirrers serve both as part of top retainer and as cockpit visible warning.  I used wax coated string to bind/sew components together.  Made them over four years ago and they still work fine.

My set were purchased from Aircraft Spruce and they fit pretty good in my 65 "E". Not much you can do around the generator pulley.  The two I got are mirrors (left/right). The right (pilot) fits good, the left is good except around the gen pulley. But it does keep the critters out.  I'm making a tailcone cover from ripstop nylon myself. I'll post the drawings when I get it done and fitted.

Dr Bill