Finally pulled the trigger

Well after reading all wonderful articles on this website I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 1966 Mooney M20e today.I was debating a high time 201 but was unable to get a pre-buy done on it.I hope I will be happy with the plane.It has 3250 TT and 246 SMOH by G&N  .I had done a pre-buy last week on this plane and have to admit that was the best 500.00 I have spent.Joshua Groh was great to deal with on the pre-buy and very informative.The plane needs paint but does have a gamin 430 with Waas a garmin 340 and a king kx125.interior is fairly new and looks good.Thanks to everyone on the site for the information.

Congratulations MATTS875!!!  Sounds like it is a good girl.  Is this your first Mooney?  These things seem like their starting to fly off the shelf.  Everybody's getting new airplanes this year!!  Don't worry about the paint, that can always be done.  Be sure to post some pictures.  Again, congratulations and have fun with the new machine!!

Brett

Thanks Brett, yes this is my first mooney. I bought a Cirrus Sr20 about 2 years ago and the maintenance annuals were out of sight.I just want to enjoy flying and I think I have found the one.I really missed it.I will post pics when the plane gets to me next week.Thanks for all the positive replys

Quote: MATTS875

Thanks Brett, yes this is my first mooney. I bought a Cirrus Sr20 about 2 years ago and the maintenance annuals were out of sight.I just want to enjoy flying and I think I have found the one.I really missed it.I will post pics when the plane gets to me next week.Thanks for all the positive replys

RBRIDGES, The Cirrus SR20 is a nice plane and very easy to handle.My annuals were around 8000.00 a year. I believe if I am not mistaken the parachute lines have to be re-reefed every 5 years. this is expensive.The basic annual with nothing fixed or parts was 2495.00.A great looking plane and fun to fly...I just could not justify it for the type of recreational flying I do.Thanks for the post

RBRIDGES, The Cirrus SR20 is a nice plane and very easy to handle.My annuals were around 8000.00 a year. I believe if I am not mistaken the parachute lines have to be re-reefed every 5 years. this is expensive.The basic annual with nothing fixed or parts was 2495.00.A great looking plane and fun to fly...I just could not justify it for the type of recreational flying I do.Thanks for the post

Dave, mine has the johnson bar. I will post pics later on.. I am going to need to do a glamour shot of it though ..needs a new paint job but i am going to fly her just the way she is for a couple years.Thanks for all the support