Gear not retracting

2 minutes ago, xcrmckenna said:

It’s not a reg, but from what I understand it doesn’t fall under preventative maintenance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washing and waxing doesn't fall under the category of preventive maintenance either, but it is a procedure explained in the maintenance manual.  Same as jacking the airplane.

Washing your airplane doesn't require a logbook entry.  Washing the engine for the annual inspection is a requirement and therefore must be noted as such by an A&P in the maintenance logbook.

Not trying to be flippant or confrontational, and I agree most owners probably shouldn't be jacking their airplanes without an A&P present.  If nothing else, how do you explain to your insurance company what happened if it slips off a jack pad?

• Like 1

Washing and waxing doesn't fall under the category of preventive maintenance either, but it is a procedure explained in the maintenance manual.  Same as jacking the airplane.
Washing your airplane doesn't require a logbook entry.  Washing the engine for the annual inspection is a requirement and therefore must be noted as such by an A&P in the maintenance logbook.
Not trying to be flippant or confrontational, and I agree most owners probably shouldn't be jacking their airplanes without an A&P present.  If nothing else, how do you explain to your insurance company what happened if it slips off a jack pad?

I agree, and I’m not taking your comments that way. But if I had to explain to my insurance company my plane slipped off the jacks without an a&p there while I was trouble shooting a landing a gear problem, I might not get a claim filed.

Well looks like the up limit switch is the source of the issue. Got it up on jacks to play around with it. Gear wouldn’t go up at first. The ground wire on the switch was a little loose. Tightened it, sprayed the switch with contact cleaner and actuated the switch a few times by hand. Raised the gear switch and the gear went up.

The down limit switch is the new style but the up is original. We’ll plan on replacing it when next week when I get to Troutdale.

Thanks for everyone’s help and info.

fef669d908bbc26f11542653d252e2bf.jpg

99869fb463e5bfddc3f26ac06c1bf151.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xcrmckenna said:

Well looks like the up limit switch is the source of the issue. Got it up on jacks to play around with it. Gear wouldn’t go up at first. The ground wire on the switch was a little loose. Tightened it, sprayed the switch with contact cleaner and actuated the switch a few times by hand. Raised the gear switch and the gear went up.

The down limit switch is the new style but the up is original. We’ll plan on replacing it when next week when I get to Troutdale.

Thanks for everyone’s help and info.

fef669d908bbc26f11542653d252e2bf.jpg

99869fb463e5bfddc3f26ac06c1bf151.jpg

Those are both the original switches. They are just the expensive one and the real expensive one.

• Like 1

Those are both the original switches. They are just the expensive one and the real expensive one.

Yeah what’s a few thousand dollars among friends for two switches..... Before LASAR evacuated they said I can put the $37 switch in it though.

• Like 1