How to update GNS 430 Data Cards

149 is a one time update. I'll look and see...what areas of NA do you need?

Looks like for Canada you really need a North America coverage but with the 430w they only separate the regions of the lower 48. It forces you to get the entire Americas which is why it might be more expensive. 

Edited by Godfather

Yep, units like the 300xl would let you do the upper part of NA at a slight savings. Most of the newer units require all of the Americas. 

'Personally I'd make sure the 430 was on the 28 day update cycle if flying IFR. I would not spend the money for the 300 or the Aspen.  If you had 2 430's I would just for cross feed capability. 

My terrain/osb is 10 years old. might be worth doing that this year and go back to regular nav data with garmin for only 149/year compared to 550/year with jeppson.

So I don't see the point in jeppson.

I'm going to see about a one time purchase with jeppson for my 300xl and see if that is worthwhile. I have no idea how old the data is in there right now.

With Jeppesen you can pick different packages for your needs. You can phone the guys and ask them to assist you in what you want to do with the charts. I got mine for a really good deal for two units. Both Northen America and Terain as well as safe taxi. Safe taxi is a waist since we use ipads. If you need to borrow a skybound. Give me a hauler..