Adjustable front seat frame

After searching for years, I finally came across two articulating seat frames which came out of a M20K (don't worry, nobody died in them). I installed one of them in my J model and am offering up the second frame, which also comes with the back if needed. Imagine you or your passengers riding up high and seeing way over the panel with ease. No longer will your passenger reply with "where, where, I can't see anything". 

PM me with an offer for it. Keep in mind that the factory will custom build one for you at a cost of $3,500, and that they are impossible to find in salvage yards such as Wentworth.

IMG_1841.JPG

IMG_1843.JPG

IMG_1844.JPG

IMG_1845.JPG

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hyett6420 said:

It tilts the seat back.  

Which is another point. Those that do have the adjustable seat already know that as the seat cranks higher, the seat back moves more upright. Even tall friends that flew with the stationary seat always felt they were reclined too much.

one of the previous owners spent the $$ to have these installed in my C.  I gotta admit that it's a great addition.  I've really gotten spoiled.  I had to use a small pillow in the previous cherokee I flew b/c I could never get the seat comfortable for me.

1 hour ago, flyboy0681 said:

Which is another point. Those that do have the adjustable seat already know that as the seat cranks higher, the seat back moves more upright. Even tall friends that flew with the stationary seat always felt they were reclined too much.

That's why I want it.... My girlfriend and CFI are short and need booster seats to see over the panel. I was thinking about swapping the seats around because I sit with the seat at its lowest position... Until I saw this thread. Having two vertically adjusting seats would definitely allow more flexibility to the aircraft... $375 plus shipping.

Guys, you have to be reasonable here. There's a reason why these are so rare on the open market, there's simply no supply outside of a custom ordered unit from the factory at well over three grand.

When I was looking for one myself, I spoke with LASAR and Wentworth and they both told me that the adjustable seats are the very first item that they sell once a salvage aircraft is received. And about a year ago I followed an M20J that crashed in Perth, Australia (thankfully no injuries) and contacted the salvage company that it was assigned to, asking if I could purchase the seat frame. I missed the sale by a week as it was gobbled up immediately by someone else.

Edited by flyboy0681

8 minutes ago, Marauder said: 375.01

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Walmart is having a sale.

Walmart.jpg

Okay then! $375.02

I don't need this, my short of stature wife does. I got her one of these:

d667284064baae92fefe803fed521494.jpg

But now she keeps saying she wants a big person seat. What am I to do?

• Like 2

Just now, Marauder said:

Since you brought up the cushion alternative. She has been pretty happy with this:

991aad6147e5af9438149fbf99c04bca.jpg

Still would be better to have the articulation seat. $375.03

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is what I had used up until now. My co-pilot always reported - no, make that bitched - that it became uncomfortable after an hour and that when she moved it always shifted. When it shifted it always covered the space between the seats and I had to keep telling her to move it because it was blocking my access to the trim wheel.

To keep the peace in your family I suggest you spend the bucks needed to do it right. She'll love you forever.