Help with part number

Long story short my plane is in NJ and my parts manual is in Los Angeles.

After my ferry flight this week I looked under the airplane and found a fairing that has more cracks than is up to my standards.  The yellow in the picture is just a reflection of some chalks under the plane.  It is secure and safe but I can't stand the cracks...

This is on the right side looking forward under the cowl.

Can someone give the part number?  1964 M20c  serial # 2799...

Thank you in advance......

IMG_5846.JPG

Edited by Jim Peace

1 hour ago, Jim Peace said:

Long story short my plane is in NJ and my parts manual is in Los Angeles.

After my ferry flight this week I looked under the airplane and found a fairing that has more cracks than is up to my standards.  The yellow in the picture is just a reflection of some chalks under the plane.  It is secure and safe but I can't stand the cracks...

This is on the right side looking forward under the cowl.

Can someone give the part number?  1964 M20c  serial # 2799...

Thank you in advance......

IMG_5846.JPG

Jim,

3150-1 left side. 3150-2 right side.

Clarence

7 hours ago, GUMA said:

The part number is 310213-001   FAIRING ASSY, EXHAUST CAVITY, RH

But my Parts Manual says 1966 M20C  serial 3185 thru 3466

I hope it helps you

The parts diagram has a discrepancy , item # 23 and # 24 don't match the descriptions (something is reversed). Where are you located in Mexico?

I ordered the correct part number for my plane from Jerry.  It is being shipped directly to the paint shop and then to my mechanic.  I will follow up with pictures in a few weeks.  I will not have it changed out until I need an oil change and now I am dealing with a starter issue.  

There is nothing like spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars just after an expensive annual......

• 3 weeks later...

getting closer to getting this done.....

had a part found by Jerry before picture shown.....shipped directly to the paint shop.  Then shipped directly to me......

Hopefully the screw patters line up.......I will find out this week....getting a new starter installed and oil change.  will change this out when that happens....

IMG_5885.JPGIMG_5906-1.JPG

3 hours ago, Jim Peace said:

getting closer to getting this done.....

had a part found by Jerry before picture shown.....shipped directly to the paint shop.  Then shipped directly to me......

Hopefully the screw patters line up.......I will find out this week....getting a new starter installed and oil change.  will change this out when that happens....

IMG_5885.JPGIMG_5906-1.JPG

Wow! Looks nice!

31 minutes ago, Jim Peace said:

New piece on airplane......looks great

IMG_5921.JPG

Jim,

It looks like your tailpipe could be pulled up a bit as its rubbing on your cowl flap.

Clarence

Thanks I will check it out....never really noticed...the cowl flaps are usually left open but I need to keep the birds out of there....

The piece was put on by a Mooney Service center.....

Edited by Jim Peace

1 hour ago, M20Doc said:

Jim,

It looks like your tailpipe could be pulled up a bit as its rubbing on your cowl flap.

Clarence

I was going to say the same thing.  Either the tailpipe needs adjusting or the cowl flap.  It seems almost every year I annual the plane I find something somewhere rubbing that needs securing, adjusting, or slight modification to eliminate a future problem.  I've battled with the cowl flaps for years, either worn hinge points needing rebuilding or the hinge flange "travel limit lips" rubbing on the motor mounts.  This year I fixed them for the last time.

Tom

On May 14, 2016 at 3:14 PM, M20Doc said:

Jim,

Clarence

I checked it today and it probably at one time was rubbing on it...but not now.  It is an illusion in the picture....there is about an inch of clearance when the cowl flap is closed.....