Mariposa Flyin Sept 25th

Ron McBride

The 11th Annual Experimental Aircraft Chapter’s Open House Fly-In will be held from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 25 at the Mariposa Airport.

Dozens of homebuilt, classic and antique aircraft will be on display. You can meet and talk with their owners, builders and pilots. A number of classic, antique and custom cars will also be on display.

The Mooney Ambassadors will be showing their pride and joys off also.  Let’s meet and greet the non flying public and promote General Aviation and our Mooney’s.

The Young Eagle will be given a certificate suitable for framing and a photo of with the pilot and plane they rode in. Some are even given a chance at the controls if they are up to it. They will be given a pilot’s logbook and a number which can be used to enroll them in an on-line course which will qualify them to sit for the private pilot’s written test.

Other activities for children will include building and flying bottle rockets and flying in a simulator.

A pancake breakfast will be held from 8-10 a.m. by the Mt. Bullion fire Department and a tri-tip lunch will be served from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Commemorative T-shirts will be on sale.

Free shuttle bus service will be provided between West America Bank parking lot and the airport. Your significant others can enjoy the shops of Mariposa, while you enjoy the sights and sounds of Airplanes.

Rental cars and housing are available, We are 1 hour drive to Yosemite National Park.

Please rsvp with Ron at N9154V@aol.com so that I can reserve parking for all the Mooney’s together.

Thank You

Ron

559 577-2398

• 2 weeks later...

A terrific day at the EAA Mariposa Fly-in.  Excellent weather, pancake breakfast, BBQ, live music, antique cars, lots of airplanes, including 12 Mooneys for the Ambassador thing.  Ron and Gail McBride worked hard to help make this day special for the Mooneys!  We were all delighted to talk to the attendees about Mooneys and General Aviation.  The FBO is under new management and they are attempting to step it up for everyone.  First class indeed.  Ron McBride worked hard to help make this day special for the Mooneys!

This is a great airport for a one day drive to Yosemite and back, or just a historic drive on CA. Hwy. 49.   Hertz rental cars at the field for $34.  That is just excellent.  Sharon Coolidge is the FBO operator and she is most helpful and delighted to have us fly-in.  Fuel was $4.44, not bad at all for such a remote airport.

If you're looking for a day or weekend adventure with your family and the Mooney, make the trip to MPI. 

Glad everything went well! The weather has been spectacular. My event on Saturday ended a little early so I contemplated flying up there to meet up with you guys, but I figured I wouldn't have gotten there until about 5pm and by that time most everybody would be gone. My plane is up and running reliably again, so I swear I'll make another event. I did go flying on Saturday and today too, but just around the Bay.

Hi Dave.  You were out flying that Mooney and that's terrific. It was a great West Coast weekend for flying for sure.   More Ambassador events to come, so you'll be able to share with the public.  Let's put one together at your airport day!  I forget, EAA Young Eagles were flying young folks too at Mariposa. 

• 2 weeks later...