Looking for new seat belts

• 2 years later...

Went with Alfa as well, spendy for all 4 sets but worth the money if you gain shoulder harnesses. I went fixed shoulder for 2 reasons 1) inertia reels tend to tighten up when getting bounced around. 2) there are parts that can wear/break in the reel.... 

Also went with Alpha.   Super nice folks.  Went with fixed belts.  Very happy with the product!  BTW, they have a TON of available colors at no extra charge.  I got a grey that went nicely with my interior and it looks a lot better than plain black.

5 hours ago, Zulee said:

Am I reading the cost correctly for the inertia set, $898 for the front and non-inertia for the back at $698, or ~$1600 to replace all belts?

They are pricey but I do like having the inertia unit on the pilots side.  I buckle it at the beginning of the flight and don’t even notice / think about it again until I shut the engine off.   Huge benefit with manual gear and changing fuel tanks. 

• Like 2

You could always install one of these.  The new "Pucker power restraint". Simply install it in the middle of your seat, the tighter you are the better the grip in a crash.

Clarence

IMG_0008.JPG

Edited by M20Doc

12 hours ago, M20Doc said:

You could always install one of these.  The new "Pucker power restraint". Simply install it in the middle of your seat, the tighter you are the better the grip in a crash.

Clarence

IMG_0008.JPG

Ok that made me laugh...

Davis Aircraft Products will do new ones for you using your existing hardware. You could at least get a quote to reuse your latches and attachments if you are happy with them and have the webbing color coordinated with your interior.

http://www.davisaircraftproducts.com/products/passenger-restraints/aircraft-seat-belts/general-aviation.html