Welcome Florida Mooney Lunch Group....

fantom

....aka Florida Mooney Flyers.

Because of the generosity of Craig McGregor, who established this forum,

we finally have our own, much discussed, Florida hang-out, to discuss Mooney

topics specific to us and FL, read Dave and Ruth's travelogue adventures, find

out about the host of Florida fly-in activities, and sign up for the latest Florida

Mooney Lunch get together. 

Speaking of which, Wes Dale and Dave Taish have asked that I remind you

that our next fly in is to Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport (KFXE) on

Valentine's Day, Saturday, February 14th. Wes, and Premier Aviation,

are hosting a free, Texas style BBQ, and technical round table discussion.

I'm told Wes is getting some true Mooney experts, including Mike Miles

longtime Mooney test pilot to answer any and all questions.

The open house will be from 10 AM until 3 PM, with brisket by Wes, starting

about 11:30. Anyone willing to help out should contact Wes directly. The

folks attending the MAPA Safety Foundation Pilot Proficiency Program in Ft.

Myers, which was scheduled the same weekend, have been invited to join us.

Also, please mark your calendars for our April 11th, Florida Lunch, fly in, at

Sebring (KSEF) when CarolAnn Garrett will give us a presentation about her

second around the world flight in a Mooney, this time completed it in about

eight days. Having been at two of her presentations about her first trip, I assure

you it's a not to be missed event.

Best regards, and fly safe out there,

post-62-1346813725771_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi David.....Moony pilots from EVERYWHERE are most welcome, as is anyone sharing an interest in aviation. Please join us anytime. I've been up the the SE Mooney fly-ins in Rome several times.

Are you thinking of coming down this weekend?

Hello Gary,   I would love to come down this weekend, but I'm on vacation in Anguilla till the afternoon of the 14th.  I'll look forward to trying to come down in March if I have off that day.  I love flying for lunch and combining that with meeting other Mooney pilots will be an added bonus!  I have been to Winder with the SE Mooney pilots, but only a few times.  The restaurant in Rome has closed that they had set up in the hangar.  I've never been to that one, but I saw it a few times when I was visiting with Cole Aviation there.  I'm looking for places to fly to so I can practice using the new G600.  Thanks for your reply and I'm happy that you'll accept meeting a fellow Georgia pilot.

Sure, come on up to Gwinnett County. I can meet you there for lunch on the field at the "Flying Machine Restaurant", which is pretty good.  There will be less traffic at LZU for sure, although it might not be convenient to where you are driving to.  I just paid $3.15 for 100LL at 19A(Franklin County, Canon), in GA.  Don't get it at PDK, it's too expensive there as I'm sure you know.  Griffin, GA is probably pretty cheap, and is on the way back home for you.  It's self serve on the south side of the airport. 

Bad news..... 03

Wes Dale was admitted to the hospital this morning with a blood clot in his leg.  As he is the “Master of the BBQ” without him, we won't be holding this event as planned on Febuary 14th.  Wes plans to re-schedule the BBQ for a later date.

I know you'll join me in wishing Wes a full and speedy recovery.

• 1 month later...
  • 13 years later...

It is with great sadness that I learned of Gary Hellman's passing last Saturday. Gary lost his long bout with Cancer. I have been voluntold to pick up the slack for Mooney Lunch Group announcements on Mooney Space and hope I can fill Gary's shoes in this task. For those of you that dont know, The Florida Mooney Lunch group meets the second saturday of every month at a different location. It is a dynamic group of passionate Mooney and other aviators that is run by Dave and Ruth Taisch. THere are no members, board, dues or meetings except for lunch every month. Its a great way to get in a couple of approaches, knock the rust off the plane and pilot, meet interesting Mooney pilots and in general make airplane noises with like minded people. If you would like to get on the Mooney lunch mailing list, just drop Dave and ruth and email 

daveanruth@aol.com

They are very guarded with the email list and will not release your email to anyone.

• Sad 2

23 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

It is with great sadness that I learned of Gary Hellman's passing last Saturday. Gary lost his long bout with Cancer. I have been voluntold to pick up the slack for Mooney Lunch Group announcements on Mooney Space and hope I can fill Gary's shoes in this task. For those of you that dont know, The Florida Mooney Lunch group meets the second saturday of every month at a different location. It is a dynamic group of passionate Mooney and other aviators that is run by Dave and Ruth Taisch. THere are no members, board, dues or meetings except for lunch every month. Its a great way to get in a couple of approaches, knock the rust off the plane and pilot, meet interesting Mooney pilots and in general make airplane noises with like minded people. If you would like to get on the Mooney lunch mailing list, just drop Dave and ruth and email 

daveanruth@aol.com

They are very guarded with the email list and will not release your email to anyone.

This is awful news. I have flown with Gary on many occasions, both in his "J" and mine. I always learned something from him and he was always a willing participant to fly as safety pilot while I was doing my instrument rating, just as long as I picked him up at his home drome.

One last thing guys, as embarrassing and uncomfortable as it may be, get your PSA checked and a prostate exam done at once a year.