N6817V anyone?

There is currently a 1971 turbo-normalized 20F for sale on barnstormers, tail number above.

Ad states that logs prior to 1979 were lost. An internet search finds no damage history at the NTSB site, while google finds at least one ad listing from a few years ago listing this plane for sale for $89k.

I'm looking for a Mooney to keep for the next 30-40 years, prefer turbo-normalized, and am not particularly bothered by damage history, so long as it can be found in the logs and/or on a comprehensive pre-buy inspection (if possible).

To those who have seen this ad, what do you think?

To those who have a clue about inspecting a Mooney for occult damage, how difficult would it be to detect potentially fatal (to life or wallet) problems?

As a side note, has anyone else noticed the rash of 20Cs that have recently hit the market with asking prices 15-25K higher than prices a few months ago?  Wonder what is spawning this.

It looks like a pretty solid plane to me.  Cosmetics need updating, and it could use some panel upgrades, but if you're going to keep it some decades then you could put money into it as soon as you're able and really enjoy it without fretting about the lack of return on upgrade money.  I wouldn't fear the gear-up history, and a Mooney-savvy pre-buy should uncover anything substantial.  The missing logs only span the first 8 years...not great, but not the end of the world either.  All of the 201 mods, gear doors, etc. aren't cheap and they would make the plane worthy of more investment to modernize it IMO. 

EDIT:  I didn't find the ad on Barnstormers, but found a spec sheet with pics.  Reading the older ad from 2004, I see it actually has the M20 Turbo TN system...that alone is a $35k kit plus installation!  I would seriously consider this one as a long-term keeper and not be afraid to continue the upgrades.