GoPro Camera

bnicolette

This was my first try with a GoPro camera.  I'd like to know from those of you using them what setting you're most happy with.  I had this set on 1080p/30fps/ and part of it with the angle set to medium then wide during the last part.  I had the camera mounted on the ceiling and it seemed to vibrate a little being that it was directly mounted to the plastic and I also had some extensions on the mount so the camera was basically hanging down about 4 inches.  May be better off with a suction cup mount on a window?  I just like it being in the center of the airplane.  I'd try the headband mount but fear that somebody may see me with that thing on my head.  LOL

I used a digital voice recorder plugged into the passenger side headphone jack to pick up ATC and intercom, that way the GoPro was still picking up engine noise, which I happen to like in videos.

Still learning to use iMovie and trying to mesh things together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G-uY84xgy4

You should make it available fo mobile devices

I don't have any control over that unfortunately (as far as I know).  It has copyrighted material in it (music/very low volume).  I will know for next time though to either not put any music in it or some that won't cause that issue. 

Brett -- I find vibration is a big issue with the GoPro cameras unless I am wearing or holding it. I have every imaginable mount. You will need to experiment to see what works best. As well, I find that the GoPro does well in certain light settings and is horrible in others. 9a4umehe.jpge6ytequ9.jpg5uru6uva.jpg

• Like 1

You should make it available fo mobile devices I don't have any control over that unfortunately (as far as I know). It has copyrighted material in it (music/very low volume). I will know for next time though to either not put any music in it or some that won't cause that issue.
In iMovie you can select the format it is viewable in.

Looks pretty good Brett! The way to tell if the mount is correct is to do an interior video and see if you can read stuff on the panel. I have a hard time mounting the GoPro on the glass due to vibration. I have used a few other mounts with mixed results. Some of the shorter ones seem to work better (doesn't let a lot of the vibration transmit through the mount). And any of the ones where the camera is mounted on me work as well. I become a human camera shock absorber. :)