Headed to KNEW this weekend

MARZ

Coffee and beignet (benyay) @ any cafe du mondé. Breakfast or anytime....

e2u8u9eg.jpg

Anybody see this updated post with a photo included from my first trip in my Ovation with my wife?

Circa 2010.

Photo uploaded with the help of the $5 Tapatalk.

Thanks to John (64E) who gave excellent advice on where to go etc...

Best regards,

-a-

All of the above are good suggestions. Flightline First is also a good FBO.

Cafe Du Monde' is a must, The Bon Ton cafe on Magazine and Poydras Streets a good place to go for lunch or dinner. All are local grown places.

When are you ariving? Maybe we can meet up for a beer. Where are you staying?

It looks like the weather will be nice.

Another +1 for Cafe Du Monde. I was down there this past weekend for a family reunion, I was raised just up the road in Hammond, and my wife got her first beignet. Great culture and a great city to visit. The French Quarter is a must if its your first time down. My grandfather raised 11 kids trapping alligators and raising strawberries so I enjoy getting off of the beaten path and visiting some of his old haunts deep in the bayou's.

Save the money on a rental car unless you are planning on traveling outside the city. You can buy a daily pass that is good on the transit system (streetcars and buses) until 4am for only $3.00 (last year price) per pass. Gives you unlimited boarding.

Mike

That location I might reconsider the rental car option just for convenience and if you want to visit the French Quarter area before stopping at the hotel (it is on the way from KNEW) you can leave you luggage in the car and for other excursions. Cabs are available from the hotel but may take a while just plan ahead. You are not far from downtown and the French Quarter. Financially it would probably be a wash by time you pay for parking and rental vs. cab fees.

There is a pretty good seafood resultant close by called Zydeco’s on the west bank just off of Lapalco on Hwy 23. It is a local place not a tourist trap. I’m not sure what is on your agenda.

call me when you get in 504-884-0460 I'll be at LS40 most of Saturday.