If you need/want the OEM 40:1 Gear Set

4 hours ago, Matthew P said:

Then they need to get off their dead azz and provide alternative solutions for an aging fleet seeing how their charter is safety...supposedly

Stop blaming the FAA.  The problem is Mooney.   In October 2020 the CEO told Mooney Flyer magazine "Supporting the existing fleet remains the new owners’ top priority."  Yet in 2024 they have time to manufacture parts for other aircraft companies and to talk about it.

Duh.

2020-OctTMF.pdf (themooneyflyer.com)  Page 4

7 minutes ago, Texas Mooney said:

Stop blaming the FAA.  The problem is Mooney.   In October 2020 the CEO told Mooney Flyer magazine "Supporting the existing fleet remains the new owners’ top priority."  Yet in 2024 they have time to manufacture parts for other aircraft companies and to talk about it.

Duh.

2020-OctTMF.pdf (themooneyflyer.com)  Page 4

Not blaming them but if there are no parts available and they want to chime in, at the end of it they either need to share a viable solution or STFU.

2 minutes ago, Matthew P said:

Not blaming them but if there are no parts available and they want to chime in, at the end of it they either need to share a viable solution or STFU.

I am not sure where you are coming from with the comment "and they want to chime in" or "share a viable solution".  The FAA has created a viable solution.  The FAA will respond to your request for approval (i.e. 'chime in" after you initiate).  Go make your part.  You may be able to get it approved and put it on your plane. If it fails that is between you and your insurance company (although they may not know that you are exposing them to the liability of an unproven part)

The issue is that the FAA is not going to bless OPP made parts that are intended to be sold to others.  But if you want to get a PMA and sell gears they will likely approve that.

1 minute ago, Texas Mooney said:

I am not sure where you are coming from with the comment "and they want to chime in" or "share a viable solution".  The FAA has created a viable solution.  The FAA will respond to your request for approval (i.e. 'chime in" after you initiate).  Go make your part.  You may be able to get it approved and put it on your plane. If it fails that is between you and your insurance company (although they may not know that you are exposing them to the liability of an unproven part)

The issue is that the FAA is not going to bless OPP made parts that are intended to be sold to others.  But if you want to get a PMA and sell gears they will likely approve that.

For the 5th time, I am not going to manufacture or sell parts...but I can understand how people keep assuming that..

• Like 1

Just now, Matthew P said:

For the 5th time, I am not going to manufacture or sell parts...but I can understand how people keep assuming that..

Then what is your issue with the FAA?  I applaud your effort to contact the so far unresponsive Mooney management and beg them to take cold hard cash in advance to place an order with their supplier for a part/product which Mooney controls the intellectual property (design specs).  

But there is nothing stopping your from making the gear per OPP guidelines and if approved, install it on your plane and report back here.  What am I missing?

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Matthew P said:

will do, thanks.

Many of us do appreciate you going through all this and dealing with the naysayers/complaints/negativity.  Hopefully there is eventually a way we can keep these Dukes planes going (without significant $$ to convert to something else).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ragsf15e said:

Many of us do appreciate you going through all this and dealing with the naysayers/complaints/negativity.  Hopefully there is eventually a way we can keep these Dukes planes going (without significant $$ to convert to something else).

Thanks, still waiting to hear back from Mr. Pollack, will text him tomorrow

• Like 2