Oil cooler relocation kit.

I am not sure this upgrade offers much beyond improved aesthetics.  My oil cooler does not really take a beating from anything other than bugs.  It would be intriguing if there was some data to support that it lowered oil temperature or decreased pressure in the lower cowl making for diminished CHTs.  I have not seen anything to that end. Given how cool the stock set up runs, it is hard to justify messing with it.

3 hours ago, Ragsf15e said:

Fair enough, they do take some abuse there, but you can (carefully) straighten  out the vanes.  My last oil cooler lasted the life of the cooler.  It just feels like a solution in search of a problem?  But then I also love upgrading my airplane and they don’t always make sense:

My oil cooler was replaced last summer due to being cracked by debris.  I'm sure none of my perfect landings helped

waiting for next annual to do the relocation.   

Edited by McMooney

31 minutes ago, McMooney said:

My oil cooler was replaced last summer due to being cracked by debris.  I'm sure none of my perfect landings helped

waiting for next annual to do the relocation.   

Are you landing on sand bars again?  What on earth would make it though the prop to crack the oil cooler? In 57 years of operations, we have never lost an oil cooler to debris. 

3 hours ago, Shadrach said:

Are you landing on sand bars again?  What on earth would make it though the prop to crack the oil cooler? In 57 years of operations, we have never lost an oil cooler to debris. 

Shrug no clue, is what i was told by the IA.  Honestly, I also think it'll look better once i paint the plane, maybe gain a knot pfft

20230520_155925.jpg

20230520_155937.jpg