Where are you flying this weekend Nov 18-20

DrBill

Thanks to George and Jim for your other Raleigh suggestions. I'll look into them, but based on where we need to get to for the wedding it seemed like RDU was going to be the best.  We've already got the Hertz rental car waiting there, too, which my wife gets free on points so that may offset cost savings from having to use Enterprise at those other places.

I flew from New Orleans NEW to N. Little Rock ORK 309NM each way great flight.  About 2/3 the way through I had to descend to 4500 to get below the clouds.  I flew 3500 most of the way back due to clouds.  I thought about going on top but the cloud deck was pretty solid.  I do not mind being on top of scattered clouds.  I need to get my IR yesterday would have been great easy IFR up through the clouds VFR on top and descend in clear skies or to 3500 and break through the clouds. 

64e,

The best part of the IR for casual flying (what I do mostly), the ability to top a cloud deck, fly smoothly, and reliably get back through it.

No going backwards to spiral down through the last seen hole.

KNEW would be a great place for training.  You have a very nice ILS there.

Best regards,

-a-