Aviation Themed Trailer Hitch Cover

As mentioned before, now that I have an SUV in the fleet (2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee) I’m having some fun customizing it.

I’m looking for an aviation themed trailer hitch cover. I’ve looked at a few online. Any suggestions?

-Seth 

Just now, Seth said:

As mentioned before, now that I have an SUV in the fleet (2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee) I’m having some fun customizing it.

I’m looking for an aviation themed trailer hitch cover. I’ve looked at a few online. Any suggestions?

-Seth 

A classic: 

https://lovecarlife.com/products/id-rather-be-flying-2-tow-trailer-hitch-cover-plug-insert?variant=21377057325120&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&utm_campaign=gs-2019-01-12&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign

+1 for Erik’s idea above.  I have the matching license plate frames....

I have half an idea....  the right idea, but wrong plane art...

This pic doesn’t show the mount for some reason... it’s in the website though...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/541026255/airplane-hitch-cover?ref=shop_home_active_35

It seems to be a metal cutting shop with some art skills...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Hey @Seth - if you can't find what you want, let me know.  I do metal work as a side biz and have made lots of hitch inserts for CrossFit events and others.  If you have an image that's suitable to cutting, shoot it my way and I'll make you an insert.  If you don't have an actual image file, send me an idea or a photograph and I'll see what I can do.  It'll only cost you the shipping, because I'll take photos of it to add to the portfolio.  My wife's setting up the website as we speak (type...) so I'm happy to do this for the photo op.

I do have a clean vector image of the old-style Mooney bird and I could put your N number below that.  I owe @carusoam a light, so this will prod me along that project path too.  I'll be cutting and welding on Monday and Tuesday.

Ross

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Ross Taylor said:

Hey @Seth - if you can't find what you want, let me know.  I do metal work as a side biz and have made lots of hitch inserts for CrossFit events and others.  If you have an image that's suitable to cutting, shoot it my way and I'll make you an insert.  If you don't have an actual image file, send me an idea or a photograph and I'll see what I can do.  It'll only cost you the shipping, because I'll take photos of it to add to the portfolio.  My wife's setting up the website as we speak (type...) so I'm happy to do this for the photo op.

I do have a clean vector image of the old-style Mooney bird and I could put your N number below that.  I owe @carusoam a light, so this will prod me along that project path too.  I'll be cutting and welding on Monday and Tuesday.

Ross

Ross-  I’m in for this idea!  Will PM you shortly!

-Seth

• Like 1