Stock CHT probe location

Joe Larussa

Can somebody confirm the stock CHT location? Sounds like it's number three which I believe is right rear.

Mine happens to be in the front right which I believe is number one.

It should be in #3, but I don't know if it ever was mounted on another cylinder due to actual flight testing. Probably not. I found the #3 is not normally the hottest cylinder on my plane.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm looking for the same info on my TSIO 520 NB. JPI thinks it's on #6, because it runs hotter. I guess no other way than to follow the harness and see which one is not a baynoet going into the EDM, right ???

On my Rocket (TSIO520) the number 3 cylinder is the original one the factory EGT probe is installed on.  It's easy for me to remember because the JPI CHT probe is attached to the lower spark plug washer.  I always have to very careful removing and installing the spark plug so I don't spin the washer.  We had to re-silver solder the wire end on a new washer the last annual as the washer was looking pretty funky.  Still reads right in line with the other cylinders on the JPI, so must have got it right.

Tom

I believe it is a similar ring style to what you have, but it is smaller and goes near the existing CHT.

I believe the The small ring fits like a seal under the receiver for the bayonet.  See this link...

https://www.jpinstruments.com/shop/cht-gasket-probe/

The upside is, the T/C is closer to reading the proper temperature than being in a different part of the cylinder.

As usual, I'm a PP, not a mechanic.

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam